Thread: will it melt?

will it melt?

Does anyone know if the Combi-Plan tank is microwaveable? When my chems are several degrees colder than they need to be, I like to boost the temp in the microwave (a few 5 or 10 sec bursts) and get them closer to the target temp quicker, rather than wait on the waterbath to bring the temp up. I always do this in a separate container that I know is safe, but I could just as easily put the tank in instead, if I knew it would be safe to do so-----don't want to experiment to find out.

Thanks
    Chuck

Re: will it melt?

I put my plastic 1L accordion bottles in the microwave for colour chemicals; I heat the chems up to 40˚C (104˚F) without any damage to the bottles.

That's fine, but I am specifically asking about the combi-plan tank, not all plastics are microwave safe.

I use a Combi-plan too, and I'm interested in the answer to this. I usually use hot tap water in a bowl to warm things up, but zap in the microwave might be a more efficient way to do that.
    Mike → "Junior Liberatory Scientist"

Well I'll be damned, that thread was from me!----I must be getting old, I don't even remember that! I guess it's time to feel kind of silly............I had a long period of no photography and around 08 or 09.