Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repro-Claron VS G-Claron on 4x5

Nothing left to photograph.

Re: Repro-Claron VS G-Claron on 4x5

What is a good price for a 305mm Repro Claron? Been looking around and not finding much infor price wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Croell View Post
    Btw, Compur 2's were never fully standardized - the 355mm Repro Claron and the 360mm Apo-Ronar lens cells, both for Compur 2's, have slightly different thread sizes (1-2mm difference if I recall correctly).
    Compur #2 shutters where aviable in three different tube lengths, distance between front cell and rear cell of the lens, but with the same outer diameter: tube 5/I, 5/II and 6/II.

The Repro-Claron 355mm was mounted in a Compur #2-X Tube 5/II with a lens thread 45.8mm x 40 tpi.

BTW, Compound shutters where also aviable in the same sizes but different tube lenghts.
    Last edited by Peter K; 14-Oct-2010 at 01:31. Reason: similarities with Compound shutters

Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post
    What is a good price for a 305mm Repro Claron? Been looking around and not finding much infor price wise.
    They're equivalent to Apo Artars and dialyte type Apo Nikkors. The 305/9 Apo Nikkor is a dialyte.

The Repro Claron's one advantage over the others is that its cells will go straight into a shutter. The 305's cells go into a #1, these are fairly abundant. Adam Dau of SKGrimes has told me several times that my 305 Apo Nikkor's cells are direct fits in a #1 (no machining needed to put 'em in the shutter, spacing will be correct) but I've never dared take the lens apart to try it.

If you can't find prices for a 305 Repro Claron, look on eBay for closed auctions of 12" Apo Artars and 305 Apo Nikkors.

Nothing left to photograph.

Apo Artars and Apo Nikkors not coming up either. Thanks for the suggestion though. Will keep my eye out for those too.

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Yet again, the post linked to in my signature lists the different sizes and threads of the Compound shutters. As an extra bonus - by viewing that whole thread, there is also a list of teh (most used) #2 Compur specifications.

I think the sexiest lens to do the job you've described is the 270mm (10 3/4") Red Dot Artar in a Compur 1 shutter. Razor sharp classic lens. Good luck on that.