Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sell my Tachi for a Chamonix 45n2?

Re: Sell my Tachi for a Chamonix 45n2?

You won't regret the Chamonix. I was going to sell my Wista after I bought the Chamonix, but my wife talked me out of it. So I've kept both, but really enjoy the Chamonix.

I like the longer bellows draw (with the long universal bellows, which also handles my 65mm lens with no problem).

The added time to remove a lens is not a big deal, since the only lens that can stay in my Wista is my 135, and I am frequently using a different lens.

I love axis tilt on the front, and is one of the reasons I bought the Chamonix. It makes adjusting tilt while looking at the ground glass easier, since it isn't also moving the lens forward or backward. The fact that the back does not also do axis tilt seems irrelevant to me, since I generally use back tilt for perspective correction only. I'm never working on a focus solution that requires tilting both along the axis. YMMV of course.

I also make heavy use of the graflok back, which my Wista didn't have (as far as I recall anyway). I have a couple of rollfilm backs I sometimes use (6x7 and 6x12).

Keep both cameras if you can. You can never have too many cameras!

Re: Sell my Tachi for a Chamonix 45n2?

The Chamonix will soon to make the type 45n3 for some improving which the news from the designer of the Chamonix.
    So just keep the Tachi.