Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What would you do?

grumpy & miserable Joseph O'Neil's Avatar

Re: What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    hey Joseph,
    How far back was the post and which thread ?
    thx
    Freddy
    I cannot find it. I think I posted it under "safe haven" thread in the lounge section. Anyhow, I still have it on file on this site, here is the photo winner. CTV London news, he was interviewing one of the occupy people at the time. 85mm Zeiss ZF2, fully open at F1.4 Manual focus. I love Zeiss lenses. I was going to say I love German glass because of the Rodenstock and Schneider lenses I use, but Zeiss SLR lenses are all Japanese made.

enjoy
    joe

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ctvlondon-smaller.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	83734
    eta gosha maaba, aaniish gaa zhiwebiziyin ?

Richard M. Coda

I'd teach the little turd a bit about Capitalism... if he (his family) wants the photo down, tell him that for $(fill in your amount here) you will take the photo down, give him the chrome and any prints, and sign the rights over to him and his family. And don't be stingy with the number
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    Primordial: 2010 - Photographs of the Arizona Monsoon
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10"
    "I shoot a HYBRID - Arca/Canham 11x14"

Quote Originally Posted by Richard M. Coda View Post
    I'd teach the little turd a bit about Capitalism... if he (his family) wants the photo down, tell him that for $(fill in your amount here) you will take the photo down, give him the chrome and any prints, and sign the rights over to him and his family. And don't be stingy with the number
    Unfortunately, your wisdom will go unheeded. This thread was started by, and contains several contributions from, people from that Communist country to the north of you. You know, that country that is in pretty good fiscal shape, and that has a really low murder rate, despite having had universal Medicare, and no capital punishment, for half a century.

We're generally not real big on calling fellow citizens who disagree with us "little turds". But sentiments like that just might go some ways toward explaining the challenge that your country currently faces. I just hope that you can all get beyond the anger.
    Arca-Swiss 8x10/4x5 | Mamiya 6x7 | Leica 35mm | Blackmagic Ultra HD Video
    Sound Devices audio recorder, Schoeps & DPA mikes
    Mac Studio/Eizo with Capture One, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    Unfortunately, your wisdom will go unheeded. This thread was started by, and contains several contributions from, people from that Communist country to the north of you. You know, that country that is in pretty good fiscal shape, and that has a really low murder rate, despite having had universal Medicare, and no capital punishment, for half a century.
    It's got a low murder rate because it's just too dang cold to be out killin' people!

Anyway, if you're gonna shoot people, shoot 'em with film.

Back on the original post, I took his threat to mean he and his friends would be camping on your front yard next. But glad it all got resolved.

Occupy Photography! Maybe we can get some film back in production!

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    You know, that country that is in pretty good fiscal shape, and that has a really low murder rate, despite having had universal Medicare, and no capital punishment, for half a century.
    Canada abolished the death penalty on July 14, 1976. The last hanging was on December 11, 1962.
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

Isn't July 14 Bastille day?
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Isn't July 14 Bastille day?
    Yes, and on July 14, 1967, The Who opened for Herman's Hermits on the latter's U.S. tour.

The connection?
    Arca-Swiss 8x10/4x5 | Mamiya 6x7 | Leica 35mm | Blackmagic Ultra HD Video
    Sound Devices audio recorder, Schoeps & DPA mikes
    Mac Studio/Eizo with Capture One, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, Logic

When I was at that concert, I had an odd premonition that we had already seen the last hanging that would ever take place in Canada. Now, reading this thread, I see just how prescient I was...

The things that make you say "huh..."