Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bellows extension questions on the Ebony SV45Ti

Re: Bellows extension questions on the Ebony SV45Ti

SV45Ti is a very nice camera. Very versatile. I use a Fuji 450 mounted on a standard board frequently. Tilt the back and front outward and use whatever rise needed to frame the subject and blast away. Easy with a little practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Cole View Post
    Frank,

Thanks for the info and tips. Anything you don't like about your SV45Ti? What's the longest lens you use?
    Jim, I use (very rarely) a Fuji 450mm lens on a flatboard without any problems. My only (minor) gripe is the camera won't take a Schneider 90XL lens. Otherwise, it's is a joy to use and quick to setup for most shots, including those tight wide angle ones.
    Here she is with the 65mm focused to infinity and no intruding base.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ebony+65-1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	83699

Pete, thanks for the positive comments.

Frank, is the rear cell on the 90XL too long? Should I be worried about my 110XL? If so, it's a deal breaker. Thanks.
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Cole View Post
    Pete, thanks for the positive comments.

Frank, is the rear cell on the 90XL too long? Should I be worried about my 110XL? If so, it's a deal breaker. Thanks.
    If you are referring to the 90mm f5.6 Super-Angulon XL, the problem is the diameter of the rear element being too large to fit through the front standard on an Ebony. Later models of that lens have a separate rearmost portion of the rear element that can be removed when mounting the lens and that will allow it to be used. If your lens is one of these, it can be used on your camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Barber View Post
    If you are referring to the 90mm f5.6 Super-Angulon XL, the problem is the diameter of the rear element being too large to fit through the front standard on an Ebony. Later models of that lens have a separate rearmost portion of the rear element that can be removed when mounting the lens and that will allow it to be used. If your lens is one of these, it can be used on your camera.
    Thanks, Steve. Thanks for the clarification. I hope that's what Frank was referring to.
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

i've had the SV45Ti for a couple decades now... I haven't shot a 450mm, but I shoot with a Grandagon 65mm all the time. Same experience as Frank above.

I've carried this thing all over the world.. and love it. Personally, I"ve had no problems with it at all. My main use of late has been with the Betterlight scanning back.. and it's sold enough for use with that (the back can be very temperamental with vibration)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim collum View Post
    i've had the SV45Ti for a couple decades now... I haven't shot a 450mm, but I shoot with a Grandagon 65mm all the time. Same experience as Frank above.

I've carried this thing all over the world.. and love it. Personally, I"ve had no problems with it at all. My main use of late has been with the Betterlight scanning back.. and it's sold enough for use with that (the back can be very temperamental with vibration)
    Jim, thanks for the comments.
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Barber View Post
    That's right, Steve and my XL doesn't have the removable piece at the back, either. I'm not game enough to "play" with it on the Ebony and only use it on the 8x10.