Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any way to embed data with images so Google can NOT strip it?

Any way to embed data with images so Google can NOT strip it?

Any images posted online end up being displayed by Google and other search engines. Court decisons say they can do this. Trouble is, Google strips all the metadata and ID information so no one knows who owns most of the images.

Any way to get it so it won't be removed?

2 Bit Hack

Re: Any way to embed data with images so Google can NOT strip it?

Watermark
    Regards

Marty

I put my email right on the image lower right, I doubt they bother to remove it. Bots don't care.
    Tin Can

Born L.A.-NYC is 2nd Home-Rustbelt is Home Base

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Any images posted online end up being displayed by Google and other search engines. Court decisons say they can do this. Trouble is, Google strips all the metadata and ID information so no one knows who owns most of the images.

That is right. It is fair use and I applaud the court decisions.

The next thing is that photos nowadays are near worthless. Sure they have the half million $ tricycle and the 6 million dollar sunset. But for the rest of us, photos are near worthless. As one curator told me, the world is polluted with photos.

In any case, no mater how you imbed, the computer nerds will find away around anything. Tumblr does the same stripping. I don't think WordPress does it.

But, no worries. If you shoot iconic images a simple net search will show the rightful owner. There is never a confusion with my images with anyone else's.

Also naming photos helps. Sometimes it remains with the image, other times it is stripped. Point is, if the photos has been around the web for a while there is a copy or a dozen copies that retains the file name and information.

Google Hakenkreuz in a Dress My photo pops up first thing.

If you search for the complete title

Hakenkreuz in a Dress copyright 1973 Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

You get tons of my pix that pop up as well. Same thing if you did a reverse image search on Google.

Google your name. Do you get hundreds of photos connected with your name? If not, better get to work if you ever want to get ahead.

nsfw

https://danielteolijr.wordpress.com/...ith-your-name/

Now, in most of your LF cases with your boring trees, smoky water and rocks, then one image will be confused with the next and the next and the next hundred thousand boring, generic images.

My advice...start shooting iconic images with your LF gear. Be above the crowd or continue to get drowned in the photo cesspool.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmyviewcam View Post
    The computer nerds will find away around anything. Tumblr does the same. I don't think WordPress does it.

But, no worries. If you shoot iconic images a simple net search will show the owner.

https://danielteolijr.wordpress.com/...ith-your-name/

There is never a confusion with my images with anyone else's.

Now, in most of your LF cases with your boring trees, smoky water and rocks, then one image will be confused with the next and the next and the next hundred thousand boring, generic images.

My advice...start shooting iconic images with your LF gear. Be above the crowd or get drowned in the cesspool.
    That link should be a sticky.

Too late for all of us here...

Unless the plan is different.
    Tin Can

bdkphoto

Google does not strip metadata. A quick google search of my images show every single one had the metadata intact - contact and copyright info was all there. You can also just search for your own images by uploading the image in google image search and you will see where it is on the web, no metadata needed or watermark required. Theres also tineye and other image search engines to track your work.

Simple solution - stop putting images on the web, not even in e-mails. I havenever felt a need to do so.If people want to buy my images, they find a way to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by bdkphoto View Post
    Google does not strip metadata. A quick google search of my images show every single one had the metadata intact - contact and copyright info was all there. You can also just search for your own images by uploading the image in google image search and you will see where it is on the web, no metadata needed or watermark required. Theres also tineye and other image search engines to track your work.
    Not all your images have copyright or contact info in the metadata. It is not just Google, but some web publishers zap the data. Google Image Search is getting pretty good, but not great. Tineye has a long way to go.

Some time ago I used a form of Steganography to hide messages in text. Too laborious.

How can they get into your website and do that?

The next thing is that photos nowadays are near worthless. Sure they have the half million $ tricycle and the 6 million dollar sunset. But for the rest of us, photos are near worthless. As one curator told me, the world is polluted with photos.

My advice...start shooting iconic images with your LF gear. Be above the crowd or continue to get drowned in the photo cesspool.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your inspirational advice.