I just developed my first 4x5 negatives last night. Did it by hand in a tray. Many small scratches, when I looked at them today.

I found some stainless steel hangers and 2 Kodak tanks made out of thick hard black rubber, these hold 1/2 gal of solution each. Today I developed 10 4x5 negatives at the same time. No scratches. Once I loaded the hangers I did not have to touch the negative again. 10 fit into the tank, I think that is the max, but 10 was all I shot today, so that worked out very well for me. I transferred them from one to the next solution all at once. It worked very well. I used the 2 Kodak tanks for the developer and for the fixer. Then while the wash was going on, I cleaned them up and used them for the PermaWash and fot the Photo-flow. Other solutions were in cheap plastic food containers. After the Photo-Flo dunk I left them in the hangers to dry. It really was easy.

I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but I found the tank to really work great. Developer was single shot. Fixer will last for a week or two. Stop bath, I mixed a gallon and will use until exhausted. PermaWash I used as single shot, unsure about saving that one, Photo-flow was single shot, unsure about saving Photo-flow.

Any suggestions?
Bill