Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of tanks for 5x7?

Re: What kind of tanks for 5x7?

Quote Originally Posted by jedrzej66 View Post
    Larry - I know that 3006 may be the best option but is extremely expensive.
    I agree, it's expensive. But if you factor in what your time is worth it may be worth the expense. In the time I can do 2 sheets in the 8x10 unicolor or Jobo print drums you can do 6 sheets in the 3006. I tried the print drum first, and found it was way too slow. But I didn't have the clips that Jiri mentioned (or know they existed), so I couldn't do more than 2 sheets, even with the larger drums because of overlapping film issues.

Another option is the BZTS tubes. I made a set for 4x5 and they worked well. I stopped using them when I got a 3010 drum with the Jobo I bought. With that you can fit a lot of tubes in a large tray. You should be able to make a set out of 2" gray PVC conduit for not much money. I think I use 1.5" conduit for the 4x5 tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by jedrzej66 View Post
    Hi - it's my first post here
    I woul'd like to buy a tank for developing 5x7 sheets. I'm thinking about jobo 3006 or Paterson Orbital. First is very expensive but probably very good and very economic. My knowledge about second one is small. Both of them are very hard to buy in my country.
    I much already read about jobos but I'm interesting it from the practicality - the practical side of the use and the convenience of the work. If I already buy I would like to be pleased with it...
    I apologise for my English...
    If you have a darkroom, you might consider hangers with plastic food containers as tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gebhardt View Post
    ... I tried the print drum first, and found it was way too slow. But I didn't have the clips that Jiri mentioned (or know they existed), so I couldn't do more than 2 sheets, even with the larger drums because of overlapping film issues....
    I have found the hard way that the clips are a must...

Jiri
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

Jiri, you know whether that NEW drum has attached clips? I asked a one seller whether he is selling a drum (new one) and I,m waiting for his answer.
    Larry, I agree with you but I'm from Poland and here it's impossible to buy 3006. En ebay is a few but from US. Drum is expensive, shipping is expensive (3006 is fairly good fat person ), customs and other payments that's all causes that the purchase of this developing tank is becoming unprofitable

Jedrzej, I have no idea, because I bought a used one which fortunately included the clips. At the time of my purchase I did not know about the clips and that they are really important...

I have tried looking at the auctions on eBay: it would seem that the print drums do not contain the clips. But if you search for "Jobo clip" there are several results and you can choose one of them...

Jiri
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

Ok, Jiri.
    I found these auctions earlier (whith clips) but I'm waiting for answer from seller. Maybe clips are included...
    And tell me please, whether the ones are so as your and whether they will fit to 2830: http://www.ebay.pl/itm/New-6-Piece-J...item41642346af

Yes, they look similar to the ones I have...
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

3010 is better than 3006 to me, you can do 10(!!!!!!!) 4x5 or 5 5x7. If you shoot 4x5 too it's much better.

I use the 3010 and a few 8x10 print drums. 4x5 usually ends up in the 3010 but its good for 4x5 although not advertised as such.

sully75 I'm surprised! I could buy 3010 one but everywhere they are writing, that is used exclusively for developing 4x5 negatives. Are you sure that it is possible there to press 5x7 ? It will be very good message for me (if not yet was sold).

It works for me. It's off label usage but I had the same question. Others can probably confirm.