Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the UK.

Hello from the UK.

Portrait and fashion photographer, never shot large format but wanting to jump right in .. seems like this is the best place to start.. good to meet you all.

Re: Hello from the UK.

Welcome Hoops. There's also the UK Large Format forum http://www.lf-photo.org.uk/forum/index.php.

Cheers George, I'll check it out.

Hello and welcome Hoops.

While in theory there's still a UK Large Format Forum in practice it's died a deat in the past 18 months. The Site admin has zero interest and pages haven't been updated for 5 years..

It's a great shame we need a good UK LF oriented website and were promised it would be revitaised last year, the Forum Moderators statred the process by the site administrator has done nothing. So a site Hostage to one individual.

Ian

Cheers for the welcome guys.. shame the other forum has it's issues.. You not thought about starting your own maybe?

Welcome Hoops. This is the Forum, trust Ian, the UK forum is all but dead.
    Where are you by the way?
    Pete.

Hello and welcome to the dark slide. double dark slide!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoops View Post
    Cheers for the welcome guys.. shame the other forum has it's issues.. You not thought about starting your own maybe?
    Yes a few of us discussed the possibility last year, but personally I thought it better to give the current website a chance but in that time the site has declined further with very few new posts each week - sometimes none, except in the Classifieds. Maybe it's time we thought again.

However in the meantime I am working on a new website aimed at users, restorers & collectors of pre-WWII British cameras and lenses etc which will have a forum.

Ian

Ian that sounds very interesting, my experience with forums is that unless its broad and has lot of people interested it's fairly hard to keep up a level of interest.. something like pre war British cameras is probably best done on wordpress or similar...
    Pete thanks for the welcome, I;m from Dorset originally, now living for the most part overseas and traveling for work. How about you?