Thread: New Hampshire Fall Colors

New Hampshire Fall Colors

I had the opportunity this year to spend a week in the White Mountains of New Hampshire at peak fall color time. We were based near Tamworth and from there took many roads through the White Mountains, including the Kancamagus highway between North Conway and Lincoln. I have seen some beautiful fall color here in the southeast Appalachian mountains of Georgia, and North and South Carolina, but the view in the White Mountains was equally spectacular, though different in subtle ways.

Sorry, no large format pictures to post as I worked exclusively with medium format color film, and DSLR.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Re: New Hampshire Fall Colors

You could always brave the 'safe haven for tiny formats' thread with the rabble.

Quote Originally Posted by mdm View Post
    You could always brave the 'safe haven for tiny formats' thread with the rabble.
    OK, I entered the safe haven for tiny formats and posted three color images from the trip to New Hampshire.

Not sure what to do with this work since I don't print color!

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

I dont print colour either so convert my digitals to B&W in lightroom for printing on occasion, although I am yet to make a print I am happy with bigger than 5x7 from my simple 10 megapixel panasonic. Its a fun way of spending a little time. It has really made me appreciate contacts and prints made from scans much more than I ever did before.

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Not sure what to do with this work since I don't print color!
    Sandy
    Exactly. The state of the imaging world being what it is, color is almost entirely a digital domain (for me) now. I recently put together (i.e., scanned) an old set of color slides with trendy(?) music, previously seen on the projected screen only a few times many years ago, onto YouTube, where the images can be seen anywhere at leisure on computer, pad, phone, or even my flat screen HDTV. No more digging out the Kodak Carousel and Da-Lite Screen. It is a decidedly (and regrettably?) better venue. And color prints ...well?!?

But, oh lordy do I still love 120 color trannies.