Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technika bellows from camerabellows- Any experiences?

5x5 with 4x5

Technika bellows from camerabellows- Any experiences?

Excellent products! They have custom made 2 bellows for me and a replacement for a Zone VI - all perfectly crafted. I would not think of taking my business elsewhere.

Don't even think of going anywhere else,they supply bellows to Marflex(linhof U.S),Linhof &Studio(U.K).They do most of the original bellows for a lot of the camera manufacturers around the world.They are professional,quick,good,flexible enough to cater to your every whim(colour,odd sizes,fast turn-around etc.) They have done all my linhof 3/4/5/master ,deardorff, sinar 5x4/5x7/10x8. This is one of the few companies that I can recommend with no qualms whatsoever..... Andy

Thanks a lot for your comments. It's good to know that real world prices do not necessarily mean poor quality.

Just learned that you could get the bellows made of synthetics or of leather. I guess synthetics will be a little stiffer. Are there any other differences in functionality or is this just a question of aesthetics?

Thickness of the materials are important. In folding field cameras with a limited bellows room when closed, the thinest synthetic material could be the choice. With a thicker material, could not to be possible to close the camera. Ask them before placing an order.

Martin, I think the leather bellows are primarily intended for people who have an early Sanderson or Gandolfi that they want to restore to original specification. For modern cameras, I think the synthetics are the better choice.

I had my Tec III done a few years ago after calling Marflex and other companies giving them my specifics. Some companies said they couldn't guarantee the compression or the length that I needed but Camera Bellows made an absolutely beautiful replacement and an extremely fast turnaround!!! Highly recommend them. You will not be dissappointed!!! Great communications too. Don't think twice about them, just send your front standard and you'll get your old bellows back also.

About what I expected to read. My experience has been that it takes 2 days to get an answer to any question and finally no answer at all. I must be the only person on earth that thinks their service ain't so hot. I asked for prices 2 ways for a 7X11 Kodak Improved #2. Filled out the info request completely. Red kid leather as original and black synthetic. 2 days. Got one price returned. Asked which of the 2 that price was for. 2 days. Black synthetic. Fair enough, how much for the original style. Many days. No answer at all. And yes there is a bunch of $ involved so I'm reluctant to send anything to them. Perhaps they're busy enough with folks on their side of the pond??

Jim, You are not the only one... I have experienced exactly the same as you. Their products are great, they must improve the communication...

I had sent three emails asking for a quote for a Technika III belows and never heard back from them. I finally called them and had a very hard time understanding the person I was talking to. He quoted me a price of 85GBP, but I had to ask three times to make sure I understood him right. He made absolutely no effort to improve on his communication - he sounded desinterested and just wanted to get rid of me. I am hesitant to order anything from these guys. I had read all the praise about their product and really expected a different kind of service.
    Juergen

Received my bellows today. Delivery time 5 days from UK to Austria. Reaction time on emails 1 day. Would be glad to see such a service level more often.