Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: View Camera Conference

View Camera Conference

"I'll make that decision when and if I receive a simple answer to a simple question that I have now asked more than once: given that this site, unlike photo.net, accepts posts that are advertisements without idetification as such or segregation, what are the rules? It really shouldn't be hard to get an answer to that question, but apparently it is."

take a little time to look on the site - it's easy to do for yourself - it's there in black and white

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/lfforum/help.html

Classifieds (for sale or wanted ads) and commercial postings are not allowed in this forum and will be deleted. Refer to the LF page for links to places dedicated to them. Regular posters may announce, in a non-repetitive way, educational events such as workshops and conferences, as well as gallery openings.
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Beverly Hills, California

View Camera Conference

Men can be funny! O.k., raise your hand: who's REALLY upset with Steve not because of this purported anti-commercialization thingy, but because in the third week of April, in the place where you live (unlike in Monterey, CA) there will still be snow on the ground, or at best a cold drizzle with grey skies, and you simply can't convienently travel two thousand or more miles to the conference to join the big party?

Keep your hand up if you wish he had held it closer to your town, East Podunk? O.K., maybe next time he'll hold it closer to there and the rest of us can be upset.

O.K. thank you for being honest. This is called, 'jealousy'. It's a normal human emotion, and nothing to be ashamed about.

View Camera Conference

I participate in a site on wine

Hmmm...perhaps that should be spelled whine?

I am keeping this thread alive just to annoy Rory, and give the conference more exposure...

C`mon bubba, would you lighten up? This is not the same as having a bunch of ads from Gallo wines in the page! Better yet, QTL has not deleted this thread, if it is fine with him, what the heck is your problem?

Simmons can be annoying sometimes, but you have to give credit where credit is due, he is the only one who is actively promoting LF, his magazine has been for many years the only outlet for LF practitioners to get some exposure and if he makes a buck or two while doing this, why is this such a big deal?

Better yet, tell me what have you done to promote LF other than buy film? If Simmons organizes a conference he has to pay for the space in advance, is it such a crime to try and make sure he at least breaks even?

OTOH, do you realize that in your crusade you have now become as annoying? Other members have tried to tell you it is not such a big deal, to move on, yet here you are beating the same putrefied horse....really, you need to get out more and take some pictures and stop worrying about what other people are doing. If you dont like the way QTL is running this site, by all means create your on LF web site and run it as you see fit, but until then, do us all a favor a move on....ok?

View Camera Conference

I'm a THUNDERBIRD man, myself, but RIPPLE will do in a pinch. More bang for the buck. As I recall, Mogan David has a sweet, nutty boquet though a triffle heavy to go with a Double Whopper with cheese extra mayo hold the pickle. Other than that, I can't tell one from another, except that anything more than $5/quart is a waste of money. Or is it a over $5/gallon -- I can't remember?
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

View Camera Conference

Let's leave it now guys.

Rob (Moderator, for those who didn't twig).