Thread: Film

Film

I bought a Graphic Camera and with all the stuff that came with the camera was some" Kodak Tri X Pan Professional film in the film pack adapter . I have never seen this stuff before, is this a polaroid film or some thing that must be developed. I am sure the film is old so it could be interesting to see how it comes out Any help always appreciated .
    I am now going to google to see if there is anything there Craig

Re: Film

Please give us some idea of your experience / familiarity with film photography, to help us advise you in the right perspective. The film you've named is a standard B&W film that must be developed in chemistry.

Dan

This is individual sheets of film.
    To exposeut the holder in the camera>remove the dark slide>make the exposure>replace the dark slide >Pull the paper tab with the number on it -- NOw it is ready for the next exposure
    To process: in the darkroom remove the metal tab at the end opposite the paper tabs> remove the sheets of film whose tabs are extended> replace the metal tab> tear the tab fromteh reoved sheets > process the film in normal manner

Be Aware - this is roll film adapted for large format use. Each peice is slightly larger than regular sheet film, and much thinner. It is likely age-fogged. Some benzatriazole in the developer will help to diminish this.

I have experience with the process of developing film and large format cameras . I had never seen the film in this manner. There are six sheets left and maybe some old images left from the photographer who use to own it . According to the gentlemen that I bought it from was a News paper guy way back. Who knows what might be in the film pack. I can not find the film speed on the packaging so hopefully its on the sheet when I pull it . Were do I find the benzatriazole to add to the developer Jim Thank you for your help.

That should be benzotriazole. Here's one source:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...op+Nav-Search=
    It's also useful when printing fogged print paper, if you're so inclined.

Do you have any guidelines that can be used when developing old film or paper??

Thanks

The Tri-X professional film pack came in a 16 exposure pack. Looking at a film pack I cannot see if it was rated at ASA 320 or 400.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Farr View Post
    Do you have any guidelines that can be used when developing old film or paper??

Thanks
    Here's a recent thread about developing old paper:
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ole#post891486