Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuji Acros

Re: Fuji Acros

In the Bay Area, you could check-in with Samy's, every once in a while.
    http://www.samys.com/c/Film/2/543.ht...orAttribs=4x5;

retrogrouchy

Acros has practically no reciprocity failure - needs only half a stop correction between 120s and 1000s, and 1 stop from 1000s to overnight. This means that for very long exposures, it's (perhaps much) faster than most 400 ISO film, the big exception being TMY2. TMY2 loses speed a bit more quickly than Acros, but Acros doesn't overtake it within sane (6 hour) exposure durations.

Acros also has quite poor red sensitivity, ending at 630nm. Most other films see a lot more red.

I have been buying Acros in both 120 and 4x5 almost every time I hit a camera store that has it here in NYC, so I've built up a good stash. It's by far my favorite B&W film for night work/long exposures.

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned a 100 speed Ilford film that could compare to Acros, but I've never seen anything that could compare for long exposures w/o worrying about reciprocity failure. Would love to have a back up for B&W long exposures, especially since I can't get Acros in 8x10.

To my knowledge the closest thing in reciprocity characteristics would be TMX, which I think was the champion before Acros.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    To my knowledge the closest thing in reciprocity characteristics would be TMX, which I think was the champion before Acros.
    Good to know, Roger. Thank you.

Acros is my favorite B&W film in 120 and i bought 2 boxes for 4x5, and i did shoot first sheet of 4x5 ever in my life with Acros, 3 sheets only, one lost because i double exposed another sheet instead of it, but both exposed sheets came out fine regardless of the scratches i had on both, i will keep the rest sheets when i learn more with LF, so for that reason i bought some boxes of Arista Edu Ultra 100/400, i may add ISO200 too, but i will give that 100/400 a long time learn.

I have bought Iford FP4 and HP5 and TMY too, i think only TMY i bought in 100 sheets box, so i have something over 300 sheets of B&W to expose in the future.

I bought one Ektar box and i was going to buy more and Portra, but our local the only lab in my country told me they don't process color neg unless i brought minimum 15-20 sheets, so i stopped to buy more color neg sheets, and about slides, i have 2 Velvia 100F boxes and i did buy my 5th Velvia 50 boxes just after that Fuji discont.. about Velvia 50 in 4x5, so i have 100 sheets of Velvia 50, i can buy few more boxes that are last remain in stock, but i am scared i may not shoot more with slide even i love color and i do shoot landscapes a lot.

Hi guys,

Fuji Acros 4x5 or 8x10 does not seem available in Europe ...
    do you think that importing it from B&H via UPS Saver (Air-Mail) would cause noticable "radiation damage"?

Best,
    Martin

Hi Martin,

I have not had any problem importing film to the UK from B&H or from Badger Graphic and would have no concerns about importing it.

Jenny

Thanks Jenny! I guess it really starts to become more tragic not before >= 400 ISO, doesn't it?

BTW, has someone found the 8x10 somewhere?
    Even B&H only seems to offer the 4x5 version...

Best,
    Martin

Various people have said that Acros 8x10 is available in Japan. I've not personally confirmed that.

It's not available from any source here in the US that I know of.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.