Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Texture

Re: Texture

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Thank you, gents!

"it is making me to think going with color and convert to B&W, but now Astia is discontinued, and i heard that color neg has better DR than a slide/transparency film."

If you are already shooting B&W neg film, I am curious as to why you'd go to the expense of shooting color and then converting to B&W? If you do shoot some color film, converting to B&W can work very nicely, and the end result may be an image with better impact, as is the case with the image I just posted. I have only converted chrome to B&W, and haven't done so with a color neg. I'll have to try it to see how well it works.

Thanks for your comment on the image!

--P
    It is not that, it is just there are shots i really want to shoot in color, but then i can try to convert to B&W, landscapes i always love to shoot in color, so that i said i may do 2 jobs in one, shooting with color and have convert into B&W and then i have both worlds, but i bought many many B&W films, i started to shoot film in 2010 because of B&W anyway.

Again, great results you posted so far, i hope i can get same decent results as yours.

Preston Birdwell

"...it is just there are shots i really want to shoot in color, but then i can try to convert to B&W, landscapes i always love to shoot in color, so that i said i may do 2 jobs in one, shooting with color and have convert into B&W and then i have both worlds..."
    This makes perfect sense. I shoot all color, either chrome or neg, so if an image has better potential as a B&W, I'll convert it. I would love to do my own B&W negs, but logistically it's not possible at the moment.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    This makes perfect sense. I shoot all color, either chrome or neg, so if an image has better potential as a B&W, I'll convert it. I would love to do my own B&W negs, but logistically it's not possible at the moment.

--P
    I met one photography in Scotland back in 2007, took me in one day tour for landscapes, he is shooting only with MF film and maybe 35mm [he doesn't shoot with LF but maybe now he got one?], he told me he never shoot with B&W films, and i think if he had a B&W shot posted then it was from a color one, he use Velvia 99%, so i think his point is why to shoot in B&W when he can shoot with color and he loves color and see in colors?!!!

Also, i have color films and B&W films, it is my option or choice with which i can shoot, if i can reach some places many times easy then i can shoot with both films time to time and see the difference.

I bought a large batch of Kodak Polymax RC paper for cheap and was curious about its condition. I've read that Polymax fogs easily and doesn't keep well. I don't know how it would be in the darkroom, but as a paper negative it seems OK.

Kodak 2D 8x10, 15" B&L projection Petzval, Kodak Polymax RC paper negative, scanned and inverted.

Jonathan

Camera Antipodea Richard Mahoney's Avatar

Wood's Mill, Addington, New Zealand

Best, Richard
    Richard Mahoney
    M: +64-21-064-0216 T: +64-3-312-1699 E: contact@indica-et-buddhica.com

Preston Birdwell

Juniper Textures

Here's another from the archive. This is a pretty severe crop from the original transparency. I really liked the small details and textures in this portion of the tree.

Tachihara 4x5
    Probably my Fujinon 180mm
    Astia
    Sonora Pass, Spring 2004

Richard, that's really interesting. The color is very nice. Well done!

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

Kentmere Test 4 by Moiz, on Flickr

MPP MK VII
    Whatever 135mm lens came on it, I should really look
    Kentmere RC VC Paper f22 2mins
    Developed in Caffenol-C 7mins

Just starting with the whole large format thing, got my MPP about 3 weeks ago. I am learning my trade with paper negatives purely for financial reasons.

Peak district grit stone, the finest climbing rock there is

[IMG] peak2 by Marvin d martian100, on Flickr[/IMG]

Mart

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8480279712_eec830c27d_z.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	89753

$7 Surplus Shed 333mm Cemented Achromat Doublet (Now deceased )
    12 seconds, noon
    4×5 Black Aluminum
    OWH
    KCN
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy