Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: How many holders do you carry (landscapes from near the car on a nice day)?

Re: How many holders do you carry (landscapes from near the car on a nice day)?

I usually keep a large stock in the car, but when I hike in I take one Graphmatic with B&W and 2 Fidelity holders loaded with E-6. Filters in my field kit include Pola-Red, Pola-Yellow and Pola-Blue. I also have a 2x graduated neutral density, 2 warming and 2 cooling filters.
    Bill McMannis

I'm in North Carolina right now and brought 8 11x14s, 10 8x10s, 10 5x7s and 80 4x5swith me.

One holder - and a box of TMAX 100 Readyload envelopes to go in it, as long as my stash lasts....

I just come back of a tree weeks travel in Laos. I had 5 double holders 4x5 inch with me and a charging back. Not done a lot of pictures because I was travelling with my brothers, I have not experimented the loading of 4x5 inch films in the fields.

But 10 pictures a day was a good deal for these trip.

Quote Originally Posted by mathieu Bauwens View Post
    I just come back of a tree weeks travel in Laos. I had 5 double holders 4x5 inch with me and a charging back. Not done a lot of pictures because I was travelling with my brothers, I have not experimented the loading of 4x5 inch films in the fields.

But 10 pictures a day was a good deal for these trip.
    That is what I carried on long over-seas trips and on backpacking trips at home. It certainly teaches one to self-edit before pulling that dark slide!

Ron Miller

Usually 8; 4 iso25 and 4 hp5+

If they are near the car say less than 3 kilometres i will carry 6x 5x8 holders and 8x 5x4(i have a reducing back) for long hikes i really don't have a set way it would depend on whether i feel the end use requires 5x8 or whether 5x4 would suffice , Then i would only hike with the smaller 5x4 camera and 8 holders . Cheers Gary

Can't have too many but you can run oit..Think aboit it..

One; two if I'm being paid.

Four Grafmatics and a changing bag - gives me two loads per box of film. Two sheets leftover for sensitometry.

Two Grafmatics and 6 extra septums with changing bag if I'm backpacking.