Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to find info on this old Century 4A studio camera ( made by Graflex )

Re: Where to find info on this old Century 4A studio camera ( made by Graflex )

taulen, yes, shipping overseas by UPS or FedEx is ridiculous. But since I had no idea of the weight I entered very high numbers just so people could see what they would be dealing with. Even if I lowered the numbers to whatever the actual weight ends up being the cost would be ridiculous. But believe it or not when I've posted heavy items in times past I still often have people write to me who want to know the cost. So I tried to save myself a bit of work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lauritz2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	80491Don't worry! The thread is more bone fide than the usual "find value and then list appropriately elsewhere and never appear here again" or "asking for offers with email adddress after 2 hours membership".
    The bi-post semi-centennial can be packed down very well, but the pedestal stand looks to be more difficult.

Just to give you an idea of current prices (in Europe) the illustrated set was sold for 349 euros to-day in Denmark.

Fourtoes post earlier pretty well illustrates that the stand can be disassembled rather easily, it's even simpler than the bi-post stands (at least the american made ones, can't speculate on the european ones). Remove a few bolts and be done ... it's rather like a furniture set from IKEA ;-) .
    @ Steven - I saw the auction posting of the Lauritz in the pic ... sweet camera, would have loved it; but shipping across the ocean wasn't feasible (I doubt the shipping companies would have taken it apart for me prior.

Steven Tribe:
    let me know if you see a deal like that again =) I will come to Denmark to get it You dont know of any stands in sweden/denmark/norway looking for a new home btw ?

PM sent!