Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!!

HELP!!!

hi!!! i have a big big problem, i was running and my digital camera fell... My monitor (screen) is all broken and white and black, i cant see anything! is there any way to fix the monitor?????? i need answer very fast please! before my parents find out what happen to my camera!PLEASE!!! thank you Ella

HELP!!!

Try the digital camera forum at www.photo.net. This is the large format camera forum, where virtually nobody runs with their camera.

HELP!!!

try posting here

http://www.photo.net/bboard/forum?topic_id=1841

("This is the large format camera forum, where virtually nobody runs with their camera." I love that btw!)
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

HELP!!!

Actually, I have a stedicam that I use with a Canon GL-1 and I had been thinking about mounting my 8x10 to it. So you think that could be a bad idea?

HELP!!!

Mike,

I don't think the steadicam for a GL1 (or an XL1) will cut it. Maybe you should try an Ultra. On the down side, the Steadicam will weigh as much as your 8x10.

Phil,

I've been known to run with my 810N over my shoulder, on the tripod. SOmething always breaks - either me or it.

Ella,

If your problem was a ground glass, you'd be able to find an answer here. Unfortunately, I can't build a digital camera as quickly as I can grind single-thickness float glass, even twice. Maybe this is an omen about digital.

HELP!!!

I realize that people on the large format forum are always open to new ideas. But before anyone takes me seriously about the stedicam idea, I was joking. In other words, don't try this at home

HELP!!!

Ella,

Your digi is toast! The only thing to do is contact Midwest Photo and have them rush ship a 4x5 Speed Graphic and some Graphmatics ASAP. You can not only run with a Speed Graphic, you can storm pill boxes!(and you don't need batteries or flash cards, either!)---Cheers!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

HELP!!!

"This is the large format camera forum, where virtually nobody runs with their camera".

Can we adopt this as the forum motto?

HELP!!!

thanks to all of you!

HELP!!!

Ella,

Been there, done that (smashed LCD screen). Call the camera manufacture's 800 number (if you don't have it check their web site). They can give you a list of authorized repair shops, or directions on how to ship it to them for repair.

If I remember correctly it took Canon 2-3 weeks for Canon to replace the LCD screen that I smashed.