Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Bumping in the Classifieds

Re: Bumping in the Classifieds

This annoying thread about bumping is now 12 pages long. Forgive me for bumping it again. The moderators must surely be aware of the various positions now and as the previous 2 deleted posts indicate, perhaps they are wasting much more time than they should policing a thread that served its purpose some 4 years ago and 10 pages back.

I've decided that Sal is right... dump the classifieds forum. Both buyers and sellers have far better protections on eBay and the mods don't need the constant headaches.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Yawn

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    I've decided that Sal is right... dump the classifieds forum. Both buyers and sellers have far better protections on eBay and the mods don't need the constant headaches.
    Perhaps that is true now, but there is virtue in building this forum as a peer-trusted site. That is how revolutions build.

Dumping the classifieds is a great idea. Let's make it more difficult for those starting out find affordable LF gear. The more barriers we create, the more film they'll buy, right?

All because of some annoying bumping? Let's use a scapel here, not an axe.

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HMG View Post
    Dumping the classifieds is a great idea. Let's make it more difficult for those starting out find affordable LF gear. The more barriers we create, the more film they'll buy, right?

All because of some annoying bumping? Let's use a scapel here, not an axe.
    I agree. I have bought and sold a few items on the Classifieds here. It makes the website more valuable. Unfortunately www.graflex.org does not have a Classified section. If they had one, it would be easier to find some Graflex and Graphic equipment and parts. I hate competing with Obi Wan Wannta Be's when I want to by Graphic flashguns on EvilBay.
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Sal, I think that listing is outdated. If I remember correctly, some time within the last few years Rodenstock stopped making all LF analog taking lenses except for two or three focal lengths. By now the company might have stopped making those too (the company no longer lists any analog LF lenses in their current product offering). It's possible there's still some stock around on either distributor/importer or retailer shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    ...By the way, at the risk of perpetuating a confusing tangent, if anyone's interested, there are still quite a few large format lenses listed as available new. For example:

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    Sal, I think that listing is outdated. If I remember correctly, some time within the last few years Rodenstock stopped making all LF analog taking lenses except for two or three focal lengths. By now the company might have stopped making those too (the company no longer lists any analog LF lenses in their current product offering). It's possible there's still some stock around on either distributor/importer or retailer shelves.
    Jeff at Badger is a grey market dealer of those lenses. Note that all are annotated "Special Order." Typically, this means Jeff knows of dealers, mostly in Europe, still holding new stock, despite Rodenstock's cessation of production. When someone places an order with Jeff, he purchases the lens from one of those dealers, imports it to the US and resells it to his retail customer. Not long before Jeff deleted a similar page of Fujinon large format lenses, I ordered a brand new 135mm CM-W from him. That's the process he followed when obtaining the lens for me.

I offer no prediction on how much longer the linked Rodenstock lenses will be available new, but they probably are right now.

Interesting. I knew he did that with Fuji lenses (I almost bought one several months back), but I didn't know he did that with Rodenstock. Thanks for the additional info.

Old School Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    Interesting. I knew he did that with Fuji lenses (I almost bought one several months back), but I didn't know he did that with Rodenstock. Thanks for the additional info.
    If we didn't have classified to bump here we might never know this.