Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bumping in the Classifieds

Re: Bumping in the Classifieds

Haha! Whoops! Guess I'm a goof!

Well two of those are sold and won't be bumped again, only the cable shutter trigger is still available.

If those has been flagged I would not have been mad, I looked at 1 and saw that it was 7 and said "oh 7" haha!

The sad part is that you took the time to look through probably 10 or so FS threads to find those 3 haha, you really have some time on your hands.

Mistakes happen, let's not get all crazy over it.

I do not know if it is possible, but offering a display of FS based upon the number of views might be helpful.
    The most views float to the top.

'Bay has that option.

Dunno. I'm no expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    I do not know if it is possible, but offering a display of FS based upon the number of views might be helpful.
    The most views float to the top.

'Bay has that option.

Dunno. I'm no expert.
    You can do that for yourself by clicking on "views" at the top of that column. You will find that the top of the list ordered in that way is dominated by old threads.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    ... to look through probably '10' or so FS threads to find those 3...
    Perhaps the Mods will eventually need to consider...

If Sellers should be Limited to the number of FS/Wanted listings that can be 'bumped'
    (Or 'dare I say'... Even Listed) -- At any one time?

This too, might help with the 'Clogging'... That we are still seeing at present.
    Like they say... 'Just a suggestion!'

Quote Originally Posted by Taija71A View Post
    Perhaps the Mods will eventually need to consider...

If Sellers should be Limited to the number of FS/Wanted listings that can be 'bumped'
    (Or 'dare I say'... Even Listed) -- At any one time?

This too, might help with the 'Clogging'... That we are still seeing at present.
    Like they say... 'Just a suggestion!'
    I don't disagree per-se, however people as a whole tend to go through "purging" phases, where they are either "spring cleaning" or "getting out of a format" or "too old for x format" and sell a bunch of stuff all at once.

I'm sure if there's a constant pattern of always selling lots of stuff all year long that might be addressed to an individual.

I think their main issue in the sales forum that they are currently working out, is how to address abuse by vendors buying and selling in the FS section and misrepresenting themselves as individuals in order to take advantage of the sales area for business profit, particularly members who don't actually shoot LF (or possibly any format) and who are only here to brows and profit financially, of which I can name at least 4 off the top of my head that I know of.

Like who?

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I don't disagree... .......... ... that I know of.
    No problem...
    Very 'Well-stated!'

"A problem well-stated... Is a problem half-solved."
    ~~ Charles Kettering. ~~

Is it necessary, if you are selling multiple items, to make multiple FS ads? Why don't you group everything in one ad?

Sometimes that can get less eyes on a certain item perhaps, but, it works well otherwise I think.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Bumping in the Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Is it necessary, if you are selling multiple items, to make multiple FS ads? Why don't you group everything in one ad?

Sometimes that can get less eyes on a certain item perhaps, but, it works well otherwise I think.

I agree, I think it depends though what it is.

Like I was selling 8x10 film holders, and a 127 camera system, and a 116/70mm system, and that trigger.

So maybe I could have grouped the 127 and 116/70mm together, that might make sense, but the trigger and 8x10 holders don't fit together.

Likewise if I were selling a few lenses, I could sell those altogether, if they were 4x5 types, but I wouldn't sell a 35" RD Artar and a 90mm SA in the same thread because completely different camera format owners would be interested in one over the other.

So I agree, some should be lumped together, but many people skim for what they are seeking and don't go beyond the title, so being able to list info in the title for important items is also important.

I guess I can see both arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    Like who?
    Asking to be outed? That's on you buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post

But if items out of a large list sell and the seller wants to update the status, this is in effect a bump for everything else remaining. Or, the seller decides to lower a price on something and thus bumps everything again.

Better IMO to list items individually unless they are system items related to the main item for sale.