Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bride dies at "trash the dress" shoot

Re: Bride dies at "trash the dress" shoot

Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    I'd never heard of it before I saw this thread. No doubt some moronic fad, originated and fostered by something moronic on TV.
    No, it was originated and fostered by wedding photographers as yet another revenue stream.

Of course, I could be wrong ...

Maybe near death experiences will be the next marketing trend. Just need to refine things a bit.

Gentlemen / Ladies?

This was not meant to be a humorous thread. It was meant as a warning to those who shoot this style.

I find nothing funny in the subject matter.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

I fail to see how the photographer is culpable in this thing.

There are a few threads on this topic floating around, with at least a couple posters placing blame or liability on the photographer. It was the bride's dumb idea, and her action.

The photographer jumped in to save her, and made more than an average attempt to save her, how is he responsible?
    Last edited by RichardSperry; 29-Aug-2012 at 18:44.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
    No, it was originated and fostered by wedding photographers as yet another revenue stream.

Of course, I could be wrong ...
    But could it be a funeral homes manner of drumming up new business?

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Syverson View Post
    I just don't understand Trash the Dress. Check this one out:

http://www.altf.com/#!/portfolio/sig...ture-images/24

There's a million of these—bride half-buried, bride in a cemetery, post-apocalyptic road warrior bride.

Is it supposed to be edgy? Edgy would be "After the Divorce." Or "Trash the Exes." Or "Nuke the Church."
    Some of those are good, and quite glamorous. Others, like "bride in the trunk," I find less than tasteless. The last one in that series was just aching for an accident like the poor lady who drowned.
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by RichardSperry View Post
    I fail to see how the photographer is culpable in this thing.

There are a few threads on this topic floating around, with at least a couple posters placing blame or liability on the photographer. It was the bride's dumb idea, and her action.

The photographer jumped in to save her, and made more than an average attempt to save her, how is he responsible?
    I think culpability should be confined to the court and not a photo forum, but... the only "trash the dress" I've ever seen involved the photographer as just as much of a (jackass) participant as the (drunken jackasses) bridal party. It takes two to tango. And coming to the rescue of someone after participating in their demise is hardly cause for sainthood.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I think culpability should be confined to the court and not a photo forum,
    I am free to form and state opinions. Why do you need a judge?

but... the only "trash the dress" I've ever seen involved the photographer as just as much of a (jackass) participant as the (drunken jackasses) bridal party. It takes two to tango. And coming to the rescue of someone after participating in their demise is hardly cause for sainthood.
    I don't know about present wedding photographers. If I ever were one, I certainly wouldn't be a participant. What makes you think this photographer was participating, and not just photographing?

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by RichardSperry View Post
    I don't know about present wedding photographers. ... What makes you think this photographer was participating, and not just photographing?
    Are you kidding me?

No I'm not kidding you, Brian.

If I were doing some known risky activity, say skydiving, and hired a photographer/videographer to record it. And my chute didn't open, and I bounced, the photographer/videographer is not culpable. Unless he bungled up my chute or something.

But then, I'm the sort of person that when I spill coffee on my crotch it's, well, my fault. And not the completely removed person who made the coffee. There are those sorts of people who believe the coffee maker is culpable(you seem to be this sort).