Thread: web site exhibition

web site exhibition

as a relative newcomer i have always been grateful to the people who help out on this forum, so after a long editing process i have just produced a photography web site, although i am not really sure as to the reason for the sites existence (apart from to get the work seen that is) i would love to get some feedback from others working with photography and see what you all think...

http://www.adriantyler.net/Galeries.htm

web site exhibition

Here is one small suggestion concerning the HTML itself. Many of your images display "mainpic" when you move the mouse over the image.

This is because of the following item inside the img tag: alt="mainpic".

Perhaps your web designer is using a tool that inserts a default value for the name of the image, aa well as the content of the tool-tip.

For an example, see http://www.adriantyler.net/Forms-htm/2.htm

You will also notice that this page, along with some others, are missing their "title". This is the area which appears at the top of the browser window itself. Your home pages correctly identifies itself as "Adrian Tyler", but this page identifies itself (in Windows anyhow) as "Untitled Document".

web site exhibition

just my opinion but I find the type face really difficult to read as a reverse image. That is it as I am not a web type guy and have to rely on other people to assist me in that regard.

leec

web site exhibition

I really liked the photographs I saw, I thought they showed a lot of imagination, creativity, and an excellent eye for the unusual and slightly offbeat. Not too many color photographers in my experience make photographs like this, i.e. photographs that rely on their content rather than the colors to hold the viewer's interest. It was refreshing to see color photographs of things other than sunsets, waterfalls and flowers. Thanks for letting us know about the site. I've bookmarked it and I'll look at it with more care again.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

web site exhibition

Very good web site; I looked at everything. I like your simple layout and unity of color and tone. The thumbnails were very easy to see on my 1024x768 screen setting. Two constructive criticisms: First the dark green type, while atractive in the color scheme, is very hard to read if more than a word or two such as in a title. The "contact" show this problem the best. The dark green type is almost unreadable and makes me want to run away fronm the page.

Secondly, the last publication thumnail is almost unseeable because of the dark gray agaist black background. It is not clear that the gray thumbnail is a link or thumbnail because it is so dark. It looks like a mistake. Same with the same image on the page of that publication itself.

On the whole I really enjoyed your site and felt it was very effective with the exception of the above noted comments. Congratulations!

ScottJonesPhoto.com

web site exhibition

thanks for all the comments, we've incorporated all of the feedback into the site.

all the best

adrian