Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bob and Laura Carnie at the VPC

Re: Bob and Laura Carnie at the VPC

plus 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    For safeties sake don't invite Palleti, but if he shows search his bags for the evil brew.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    For safeties sake don't invite Palleti, but if he shows search his bags for the evil brew.
    With all due respect to the fine collection of photographers in this thread, Mr Paletti sits atop the mountain when it comes to transporting our generation back to our twenties, if for only one night or blurred weekend, long live King Dumante!

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Bump!!

Thanks for the bump Gene I almost forgot the opening..

kidding... We have just finished this week printing , toning , archiving the show... Framing is happening now and we are booking the trailer to transport to your gallery next Friday.
    What a lot of work, over 80 pieces in the show , I think it all will fit.
    Laura and I are putting a web portfolio together, kind of like a mini website so I hope we can launch it around the opening date so some of the folks here who cannot make the show can see what we are up too.

This show has been a major investment, both time and money, but we just received confirmation that the work will be in Calgary's exposure festival in Feb 2013 , so it will move on to Calgary after VPC showing. We are currently trying to find appropriate gallery space to show out west , as once its crated and in Calgary I am doing everything I can to locate venues on the west coast and then move it slowly back to the east coast. I think this process will take a couple of years, and as time moves on some pieces will be added and some dropped. In between times when the work is not showing finding good storage companies is our plan.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bob C 3.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	81443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paterson Laura walk.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	159.8 KB 
ID:	81444

OK... about a week and a half until Bob and Laura's exhibit at the Valley Photo Center in Springfield, MA.
    The dates of the show are Oct 16th trough Nov 24. The reception for the artists is Sat Oct 20th from about noon 'til four pm (I will be there almost all day). Regular gallery hours are Tuesday through Friday 11:00 am - 2:00 pm... I know, not convenient for most. I will be available to open the gallery on Saturdays during the run of the show if needed. All I ask is that you contact me before hand via PM. The Tower Square complex is closed on Sundays and is a real pain to open the gallery unless a big crowd is willing to all meet at the same time.
    The VPC is located on the second floor mezzanine of Tower Square, 1500 Main St, Springfield, MA. Parking on the street is free on the weekend.

For all of you within a two hour drive (or so) of Springfield this is a great chance to meet Bob and Laura and see there work. Bob is quite well known on this and other forums. And it would be great to meet other large format photographers that I haven't met yet.

gene

Well the reception for Bob & Laura's exhibit is this Saturday Oct 20th from noon to 4:00 pm. If you are with a couple of hours of Springfield, MA this is a great opportunity to see their work. Bob is a well known figure on this forum and you don't want to miss the chance to meet him in person. And his prints are very nice.
    Laura, Bob's wife, is a very fine photographer in her own right. Her work is fun to see.
    I am hoping that you large format photographers in New England and eastern New York can make it to the Valley Photo Center here in Springfield this coming Saturday.
    If you have any questions, please contact me via PM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0226.JPG   DSCF0227.JPG   DSCF0228.JPG   DSCF0229.JPG  

Looking forward to see the show and everyone Tomorrow.
    Tim

Zebra

Good luck Bob and Laura! Wish I could be there.

Monty

BUMP... tomorrow is the day the infamous Mr Carnie will be at the Valley Photo Center in Springfield, MA for the reception of his and Laura Paterson's exhibit. I hope to see some Large Format photographers there.