Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Macbook Pro's "moisture sensor"

Planetarydefender

Re: Macbook Pro's "moisture sensor"

Sorry to hear this happened. Might be a good time to adapt a rule I try to use. Do not set any drinks within 1 foot of laptop.

I've had the Apple Geni offer me a $350 "we fix any- and everything" repair when I've taken out of warranty laptops in. It's a great deal, they restore everything to factory condition. Be sure to swap back your old Apple-supplied RAM and I am pretty sure that adding a new HD would be extra.

I don't know if that kind of deal is still around or if it is at the discretion of the Apple employee or ?

yes I have a bootable clone of the hard drive done right after it dried out.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    I've had the Apple Geni offer me a $350 "we fix any- and everything" repair when I've taken out of warranty laptops in. It's a great deal, they restore everything to factory condition. Be sure to swap back your old Apple-supplied RAM and I am pretty sure that adding a new HD would be extra.

I don't know if that kind of deal is still around or if it is at the discretion of the Apple employee or ?
    That price is only for computers that have no physical or liquid damage. When there is physical or liquid damage the cost is about $750 or $1250 depending on the model of the laptop. The reason for the increased cost is because with physical or liquid damage it is much harder and sometimes impossible to refurbish the logic board, LCD or other parts.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

Usually, Apple stores have a "business unit". Mine here does. I made friends with the guy and I get a small discount here and there. They can often ask for things that geniuses can't do. I make sure to send people to him on occasion. Recently, I got a repair for a dropped MBP (15-year-old daughter) and got a new screen for free. A little scratch my back action.

Get to know the business guy....

Lenny
    EigerStudios
    Museum Quality Drum Scanning and Printing

Quote Originally Posted by Light Guru View Post
    That price is only for computers that have no physical or liquid damage. When there is physical or liquid damage the cost is about $750 or $1250 depending on the model of the laptop. The reason for the increased cost is because with physical or liquid damage it is much harder and sometimes impossible to refurbish the logic board, LCD or other parts.
    Drats! Well this is why you never want to buy a used MB on eBay, especially from a cat lover or college kid.