Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: convert to graflok from sping back

Re: convert to graflok from sping back

Quote Originally Posted by sully75 View Post
    One problem if you are thinking of using Polaroid backs...the pack film back has a lip that goes below (or in front of or whatever) of the edge where the film holder goes. So if you mount a standard graflex back against a wooden back, the polaroid holder is not going to be able to fit flush against the back.

Pretty impossible to explain, but look at a Polaroid back and then think about the nub where you pull on the film...it's not going to fit...unless you route away part of the wood so that it has a little slot to slide in.
    My wooden adapter is not flat across... it is beveled from the edge of the 4x5 to the edge of the adapter.

tim in san jose

Re: convert to graflok from sping back

Quote Originally Posted by BTMarcais View Post
    The reducing back I had for my BJ had a raised area w/ the ground glass/spring back that was screwed into the frame for the reducing back. I unscrewed this and took off the spring back, and then drilled holes to match the holes on a graflok back from a beater speed graphic, and screwed the graflok back in place. Aside from drilling the holes it took maybe 10 min.

-Brian

Hi - A bit off topic and a bit late, but maybe you can help me. I too have a B&J 5x7 w/ the 4x5 spring back. One of the springs is broken. The other spring is sprung. Do you know where to find replacements? Would be very helpful. Thanks. - stevef123@sbcglobal.net