Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Epson 3880 and PhotoShop Printing Issue

Re: Epson 3880 and PhotoShop Printing Issue

Michael, If interested you could put the file on a memory stick and mail it to someone with a 3880 to see if it is the file or your printer that is the problem.
    I volunter if you don't find anyone closer to your location.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Graves View Post
    It didn't. And I'm really freaking out over this one file. If I hadn't put so much time into spotting, contrast control and so forth, I'd start over from scratch. But positioning the paper horizontally and printing accordingly gave me a perfect 12x15 in the lower corner of the 17x22 sheet. I have now done two other images scanned from 8x10 negatives and both will graciously fill the page the way I tell them to. BUT THIS ONE IMAGE IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!
    It's probably time to call Epson. I've never had a problem this technical but the few times I've called they've been pretty helpful.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pedersen View Post
    Michael, If interested you could put the file on a memory stick and mail it to someone with a 3880 to see if it is the file or your printer that is the problem.
    I volunter if you don't find anyone closer to your location.
    That is a very good idea. But I'm going to start with a call to Epson to see if they can make sense out of this. I appreciate everyone's suggestions. For what it's worth, this one file is the only one that has given me grief. I've had a few paper feed errors, but that's most likely the result of a serious case of CDS (Coordination Deficiency Syndrome).
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Graves View Post
    Still no success. I've checked all the settings and made screen shots. I hope they're legible here. But the print size and the canvas size are both 16x20 (although I thought the canvas size was supposed to be the 17x22 paper size...). Everything appears to be at 100% and the preview screen looks right. When I do a Print with Preview, the preview looks right. Then when I print, I get a 12x15 print in the lower corner of the 17x22 page. See the attached collection of screen shots.

BTW, how are you feeding the paper? In the print dialog boxes you appear to have the 17X22 paper set to Manual Rear Feed. If you are running it through the top sheet feeder this might cause the print to default to another size.

When you choose US C 17 X 22 you should see another menu to the right that allows you to choose how the paper is fed.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

I've run into strangenesses with my 4880 from time to time. Can't really comment on the 3880. I did wonder if you had tried printing a different file and then without changing any parameter just did a print of this file. I've had strange issues with sometimes getting the paper size and print size set incompatibly or scaling or some issue between PS and the print driver, but this sounds really odd. Hope you get it figured out.

Sandy, according to the instruction sheet that came with the paper, I am supposed to use the rear feeder with it. Being new to digital printing, I haven't tried using the sheet feeder. The 8.5x11 paper says it can go in either the rear or the sheet feeder, and I've tried both. And with my current driver settings, I get sub-menus for both 13x19 and 17x22. Epson was quite friendly and cooperative, but about as useful as tits on a boar. He was as baffled as me. Now I AM going to start the image from scratch and see what happens. I think something got buried in the file header that is messing with things.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

I just had the same type of issue. I was printing for the first time after installing Mountain Lion. I had also reinstalled the Epson software.

I found a setting in the Paper Handling section for scaling the image which was checked. I un checked it and the second image is coming out of the printer the correct size. So give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gebhardt View Post
    I just had the same type of issue. I was printing for the first time after installing Mountain Lion. I had also reinstalled the Epson software.

I found a setting in the Paper Handling section for scaling the image which was checked. I un checked it and the second image is coming out of the printer the correct size. So give that a try.
    Here is what it looks like. Do you see anything amiss?
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

That doesn't look wrong, but the dialog is completely different from mine. What version of OS-X, PS, and the printer driver are you running?

Here's what my screen from Mountain Lion, PS CS6, and the just downloaded Epson Driver looks like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-08-17 at 10.29.03 PM.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	78965

I should also add that my problem happened in LightRoom, not Photoshop. But the preview showed the full sized image and the only change I made was to turn the scale option off, which fixed the issue. Maybe try turning it on, saving, and then set it back.