Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Epson 3880 and PhotoShop Printing Issue

Re: Epson 3880 and PhotoShop Printing Issue

Try some visiting tog's laptop perhaps?

Sacrificing things is expensive, just cut off a pinkie.

So virgin goat will work then..

Here are a couple of thoughts? I have PS4 and a 3880.

There are two places to set the printer on PS4 in the PS4 Print page: At the top under printer and under Page Setup.

Also two places to set scale: Under Page Setup and on the main PS4 Print page.

Going into the 3880 printer driver dialogue under Paper Handling is a third place to set up the "Destination" paper size and also a third place to set the scale.

Is it possible that a wrong paper size (or scale?) has been set in the printer menus themselves?

Printer driver conflict? On an earlier version of OSX, I had to find a utility to unload several gigs worth of Apple-preloaded drivers for common Epson printers including mine, to get rid of a strange conflict. If all else fails, might be worth a shot...

Peter

I asked earlier why you were printing the image in portrait mode, and you responded that you weren't. Ok, I see that the image is landscape, but apparently, you're putting the paper in the printer vertically (portrait mode). That's where setting the margins can get confusing and cause the printer to drastically mis-align the print. I would try setting the margins manually, as has been suggested, and put the paper in the printer horizontally rather than vertically. Another advantage to putting the paper in horizontally when ever possible is because it may add to the life of your printer by not having the carriage reverse direction and move across the printer as many times. It's all about moving parts. The manual for my HpZ3100 suggests as much for that reason.

Peter

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTOSHOP.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	78711

That's a good suggestion. I appreciate that, as I had not thought of it. Looks like tonight I'll print a fifth copy of that image!
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Good suggestion indeed but how do you put a sheet of 17x22 in a 3880 in horizontal mode

Peter

Oops. I didn't think of that. I have 44" printer which I'll blame for my short sightedness.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Mounier View Post
    I asked earlier why you were printing the image in portrait mode, and you responded that you weren't. Ok, I see that the image is landscape, but apparently, you're putting the paper in the printer vertically (portrait mode). That's where setting the margins can get confusing and cause the printer to drastically mis-align the print. I would try setting the margins manually, as has been suggested, and put the paper in the printer horizontally rather than vertically. Another advantage to putting the paper in horizontally when ever possible is because it may add to the life of your printer by not having the carriage reverse direction and move across the printer as many times. It's all about moving parts. The manual for my HpZ3100 suggests as much for that reason.

Peter

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTOSHOP.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	78711
    I don't mean to get into an argument or criticize the suggestion about putting the paper in horizontally or anything like that. But I've been printing with Epson printers for probably 10-12 years, starting with the Epson 1160. I've never put the paper in the printer any way but vertically whether the orientation of the image was horizontal or vertical. I thought the purpose of having the "portrait" and "landscape" options under the Page Layout tab (on my 3800) was to tell the printer how to print the image without having to change the paper orientation itself.

If that solves Michael's problem, and if he doesn't mind being limited to using paper that's no longer than 17" in the longest dimension, then I guess it's a good suggestion. But it isn't something he should really have to do to get a print that's the size he wants and that's centered on the paper.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post

If that solves Michael's problem....
    It didn't. And I'm really freaking out over this one file. If I hadn't put so much time into spotting, contrast control and so forth, I'd start over from scratch. But positioning the paper horizontally and printing accordingly gave me a perfect 12x15 in the lower corner of the 17x22 sheet. I have now done two other images scanned from 8x10 negatives and both will graciously fill the page the way I tell them to. BUT THIS ONE IMAGE IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!

which is admittedly a very short drive.....
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!