Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-41 lab?

C-41 lab?

Any suggestion for a lab that processes C-41 4x5 sheet film (Ektar 100)?
    I'm located in Western Massachusetts.

Re: C-41 lab?

Pretty much any pro lab that's left will be doing c41. It's e6 that seems to be getting harder to find (from what I hear). The type of film (ektar) is irrelevant since it all goes in for the same time.

Edgar Praus, www.4photolab.com.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    Pretty much any pro lab that's left will be doing c41. It's e6 that seems to be getting harder to find (from what I hear). The type of film (ektar) is irrelevant since it all goes in for the same time.
    It is the size that matters. Not too many of the remaining pro labs are processing LF.

A&I in Hollywood and The Icon in West Los Angeles are still processing C41 sheet film, I believe... but you'd have to mail it.

Praus Uber Alles

I'm in W. Ma. as well. I've used Praus and LTI. Normal process c-41 for sheet film is of equal quality from both these labs. However, if you're tired of mottled even tones in your sheets of c-41 or if you just want to see how good skin tones can get check out LTI's special process c-41. Pricey, yes, but unbelievably great results.

Just waiting to be developed..

LTI in NYC processes C-41, E-6 and B&W in D&D Refrema processors.
    They can process films up to 16x20. They are great to work with and are a bunch of really nice guys.
    -Ian Mazursky
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary
    PrePress Express

currently Boulder, CO; formerly Seattle, WA.

Now days I assume most of us have to mail out our C-41 sheet film for processing. I currently live in Colorado and send my 120, 4x5, and 8x10 to Citizen Photo in Portland, OR. (http://www.citizensphoto.com/index.html). I lived in Seattle when Ivey closed down (man I miss that 3 hour turn around!) and tried a few other labs in WA and CA with mixed and inconsistent results. I think Citizen is a small lab (I have actually never seen it in person) but I have had top notch results. Never any streaking or spots from dirty developer and never any scratches. They use Dip and Dunk Referma processing which from my understanding is current and nice.

I'm sure there are lots of good labs out there if you are willing to mail your film...but I just wanted to give a plug to my current favorite. I have spoken to them on the phone several times and through email and they are always very helpful and professional.

Oh, and while I have not shopped around recently I think thier prices are quite competetative.
    ----------------------
    http://adamsatushek.com

Photographic Works in Tucson still does anything from 110 on up to at least 8 x 10. B&W, C-41, E-6. They may be able to do larger than 8 x 10 but I've never asked since that's as large as I need.

I've never compared them to any of the places I'd have to mail my film to - I can just drive over in about 10 minutes. It's really unusual to be able to find anything in Tucson, but I lucked out on film processing.

I haven't used these folks, but they're in Western Mass near I-91, and the website states that they do 4x5 C-41.

Iris Photo & Digital
    164 Main Street
    Northampton, MA

http://iris-photo.com/

Wayne