Thread: Epson V700 right light blinking

Epson V700 right light blinking

Just got V700, new. red light is blinking. Called their pretend Phillipino support, so at a brick wall.
    did everything correct. any ideas? thanks.

Re: Epson V700 right light blinking

have you tried turning the scanner on with a holder loaded with film. I had trouble when the scanner was turned on empty and I then loaded a holder.
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar P, F2
    [CENTER]6x6 # Minolta 1965 Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak 1946 Medalist II

Unlock the two transport locks? The one at the rear and the one on the top half.

Zach, thanks, are you smart or what? thanks. Their quick start is written so poorly, seemed like there was only 1, never bought anything before with two. What's deal with tech support. You get a level 2 on thephone and they do what most techs who know nothing do: they ask you a bunch of questions -- you phone number, etc-- then stall some more and put you on hold to get the manual. Such a sham. Is Epson aware how bad it is? Does more harm than good to the company. Make great hardware and then ruin the whole experience with the fake support.

Quote Originally Posted by kevs-2323668 View Post
    .....What's deal with tech support. You get a level 2 on the phone and they do what most techs who know nothing do: they ask you a bunch of questions -- you phone number, etc-- then stall some more and put you on hold to get the manual. Such a sham. Is Epson aware how bad it is? Does more harm than good to the company. Make great hardware and then ruin the whole experience with the fake support.
    That's been my experience with Epson, too. They make excellent products, and then spoil it with very poor tech support.

Of course, now you have to give a critique of the machine, but only since I'm considering buying one.

Thanks in advance.
    "I meant what I said, not what you heard"--Jflavell

thanks, still diving into the machine. You'll hear back as this is best place to get help!

John,

For what it's worth, I love the V700. I think it's perfect for scanning my 4x5 negatives (also smaller formats, but this forum wouldn't be interested in that). However, I have never tried 5x7s or 8x10s. I have found that Vuescan is my favorite scanning software to use.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST
    My Flickr Gallery

Ah, did call the call center, grueling, but making some headway.

As a reflective scanner i can't fault it - blazing clean scans of 2 X 2 contact prints are amazing and i use Epsonscan, i didn't take to the included Silverfast scan software.
    A memory jog for the highest res you can reasonably go using the glass and film area guide setting ( for quick negative / trans scans using the Betterscanning holder ANR glass ) - anyone?

I did the same as you, i moved the machine after locking all and not unlocking and fired it up again and it didn't like it - very strange noises...