Hello folks,
I just found my way back to this forum after couple years. Thanks for existing!
I would need some advice and if you would be kind enough to help me i would really appreciate.*

For last 15 years i was Imacon user. First Precision, 343 and then i jumped to 969 that i totally loved and used for 7 years. Finally i*sold my 969 due to financial mayhem and the divorce two years ago and am scennerless last year and a half. Again due to budget issues i cant go back to x1 ore even used 868, so i was thinking of going with V750 for 4x5 and to get a Nikon for roll film.

I just borrowed nikon coolscan 8000ed from a friend, who was kind enough to lend me his machine ( that he never uses) so i can scan some material and make my mind if Am going to go to Nikon waters and get me self a 9000ed after or not.

Scanner is in a good shape and it has 869G and 869GR holders plus all standard holders. My first impression is that its really hard to mount film and a lot of trouble compared to fextight but am sure am nor doing things proper either.*

Can you please give me some tips in regards of the holders in question?

Also is anyone using a wet mount with this holders ( if wet mounting is an option at all)

Also what up to date, aftermarket, software do *you use to nikons? I was told that i should buy Vuescan *as less pricy version of Silverfast. Am not familiar with any of them as i am Hasselblad user all this years but at the first glimpse Vuescan looks really basic to me like old flexcolor from years back. Is there any other software option? I am working on Intel Mac, Lion.

Thanks i really appreciate your input *

Luka

www.lukasanader.com