Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A way cool article on vintage shutters

Re: A way cool article on vintage shutters

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    Somebody PLEASE!! Sneak in there and find the bins of "open"~"closed" levers and actuators / leaf's for the Studio Shutters. You know they're in there!
    How many do you need Jim ? ;-)

More seriously ... how many do we all need ? I'm close in pulling the trigger of having a bunch of them laser cut or stamped, whatever is lowest cost for start-up or programming fees. Doing the same for the blades of the Studio #4 shutter as mine are cracked are not light tight any longer. Still mulling over the type of material that would work best in this situation.

The shoulder screw is more of a challenge ... I noticed that different studio shutters sizes have different thread for the shoulder screws ... or mine has been retreaded ;-)

Great article by the way with interesting images along the way ... thanks for posting !

Rudi

come to the dark s(l)ide..... Carsten Wolff's Avatar
    Australia at the moment, Spain or UK one day perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    Somebody PLEASE!! Sneak in there and find the bins of "open"~"closed" levers and actuators / leaf's for the Studio Shutters. You know they're in there!
    Isn't this the building that The Surplusshed took over? If so....
    Otherwise, lets all get together and make it into the "Rochester Optical Museum", or "Center for Classic Photography", or "Adult Education Academy for the Digitally Challenged" with a nice visitors shop selling Wolly optics parts and with attached LF public access darkroom, photo-school and other facilities, and restoration workshop, blah blah, or some such.....We could even have a retirement home out back, so we never have to leave
    http://www.jeffbridges.com/perception.html "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you are right."

It is no secret that Andrew aka DAGOR77 did have a lot of items from here, which fact was introduced into his prose.
    They have all gone I think.
    His few Scottish items suffered badly from a wee bit of fungus!