Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm curious, how many of you run your own darkroom for printing and enlargement?

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Re: I'm curious, how many of you run your own darkroom for printing and enlargement?

Full B&W and color traditional darkroom (Beseler 45MXT with 45S dichroic head and Beseler 23CII-XL with condensor head) and Jobo CPA2.

An antiquated digital darkroom (Epson 2200 printer and Epson 3200 scanner), LaCie electron blue IV, MonacoOPTIX colorimeter - all running on an ancient Dell Pentium IV machine. I really need to upgrade all aspects of the digital side - including adding a drum scanner - but the monitor is still running like new

Thomas

(Shrek)

Re: I'm curious, how many of you run your own darkroom for printing and enlargement?

Darkroom gear in storage for space reasons. I do have the space now, I just have to move a small wall and build a table and stuff. However, in the last 3 years it's been in storage, I've learned a lot about digital, so I don't know how much wet printing I will do once I get the energy to rebuild.

Darkroom with a 4x5 enlarger. I do have a scanner but I just haven't been able to nail the same blacks with the subsequent prints. Will have to do more work on that. I do enjoy the darkroom more...not necessarily the cleanup though!

Darkroom. Scanning only prints for web.
    Dennis

Darkroom, I develop negatives, both B&W or color, and make prints up to 16x20. Most of my photography these days is with LF and MF, my Nikon F100 hasn't been out of its bag for over two years. Right now the loft where my darkroom is located is so warm from the heat radiating out of the insulation that I am a couple of months from developing my inventory of exposed films.

I use digital but not for exhibition prints. I am currently using a Kodak Z990 for personal work and for preparing digital slides to project for presentations.
    al

Wet darkroom only.
    Durst 184 with cold light head, Beseler 45VXL with cold light head, Beseler 45MXT with 8x10 conversion & cold light head.
    Black & White only.
    I use photoshop for drawing and illustrating not photography

darkroom with 10x10 and 4x5 enlargers. jobo for my b+w, e6, and c41 processing.
    screen drum scanners for doing color print workflow. output to someone else's chromira for ra-4 prints.
    I'm 35, have two freezers full of film, and often feel like I was born 20 years too late.

Had a darkroom for about five years at one point and about 15 years at another, later point. I stopped using the darkroom for printing when I decided to learn how to print digitally. That was about 8 years ago. I haven't had or wanted a darkroom for printing since then.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Darkroom for B&W. Digital for color.

I have always had darkrooms in the many apartments and a couple of houses I have rented through the years. I am now more settled and have two D2s and an old Leitz Focomat. When I worked for newspapers I did many 'remote' assignments where I set up crude makeshift darkrooms and then, to meet deadlines, transmitted my photos over the telephone with Associated Press wire transmitters which were very heavy to carry around. (This was in the '80s) I prefer printing the traditional way but find myself more and more scanning negatives. Silver paper is getting expensive! Robbie

http://robbiebedell.photoshelter.com