Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP, how to open shutter to focus???

Re: HELP, how to open shutter to focus???

One note on cable release. The cheap ones with a cloth tube (Hama?) are no good, they wear out in no time. Get a high quality cable release, I've had one of the cheap ones break in the middle of a long exposure - not fun.
    Perfection is a moving target.

Quote Originally Posted by WootSK View Post
    I shoot both color slides and b&w. While i do the 6 bath e6 process, i did tried the tetenal 3 bath e6 process. While they are more expensive, they are easier and give people who starts developing their own color slides a confidence boost. You should be able to find them in the internet without much problem.
    I've done plenty of E6 (actually, it may have been E4, come to think of it) and C41. Hated it. It's just too cookbook. It demands precision in time and temperature, but not the precision of black and white, where all those parameters can be adjusted to achieve a particular outcome. Processing color is too much like work. I'll gladly pay someone else to do it, as long as there is someone else willing to do it better than I'm able to.

Maybe if I could afford a temperature controlled automatic processor, it wouldn't be so boring. Nah. Time is more precious for me than dollars, and I now I'm not alone.

Rick "who used to run a micro-color lab, Fubar Enterprises" Denney

Hi

Still having problems

I recieved my cable release cord but it does not want to screw into the lens, spoke with Robert White who said they only know there is one size that fits all and it should workam I being a complete plonker, am I missing something? I am getting fed up with this lens now..grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by marclegalle View Post
    I recieved my cable release cord but it does not want to screw into the lens, spoke with Robert White who said they only know there is one size that fits all and it should workam I being a complete plonker, am I missing something? I am getting fed up with this lens now..grrrrr
    The cable-release threads on a Compur 00 are standard. If your cable release is not engaging the threads tightly enough to stay in, the threads may be worn out or stripped. This is not an uncommon problem with these shutters. Unfortunately, if that's the case, then you'll have problems--these shutters are getting scarce and this part is frequently the reason. And the cable thread fitting is riveted in place instead of being screwed so it has to be replaced by a good technician.

Rick "who has struggled to keep his Compur 00 shutters going" Denney

Could also be a broken-off end of a cable release stii in the socket.
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.