Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8X10 photographer all wet!

Re: 8X10 photographer all wet!

But seriously, the real reason why I went ahead with this project is because all real galleries that deal in fine art images will not consider, for a second, anything digital…which I agree with completely…they shouldn’t.
    What world does this guy live in? I give him credit for providing a clear example of novelty as opposed to innovation, as described in his first, and I believe, more honest answer to the question about why he did this:

The answer to all this, as foolish as the answer may sound to some, is quite simply because it had never been done before....
    That sounds about right, and is consistent with the creative quality of his results.

Jim Sidinger

IMHO, an excellent example of the adage: "Just because you can do something does not mean you should."

Well the guys at Kodak did a similar project for their Colorama's in 1970(shot in '70, dislayed in '77)

http://www.montanusphotography.com/n.../coloramas.htm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.uw1500.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	76618

-Dan

I worked for Neil at Kodak and he had the best photo job ever, nearly unlimited budgets and travelled all over the world. An entire floor of the Kodak Tower was dedicated to photo studios and they had 17-18 full-time photographers plus all the support staff, including a modeling agency and an amazing lab with automatic fiber print and B&W film processing. Instead of Polaroid you'd just shoot some B&W and feed it into the processor and see it in six minutes.

How about a Fotoman 4x5 in a water-froof box. Add a rubber glove (Like the Ewa bag system) and a grafmatic for more than one shot.

Of course there is always the "Why?" Just because a thing can be done doesn't mean its a good idea.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    Instead of Polaroid you'd just shoot some B&W and feed it into the processor and see it in six minutes.
    I used to be able to get 8x10 B&W Ultra Sound film (Kodak Ektascan) when I worked in an imaging clinic. I'd shoot it in my Kodak 2D and run the sheets through the Kodak X-O-mat processor in the X-Ray Dept dark room. The chemistry was compatible with Tri-X too. It took 90 sec from dry-to-dry!

Then the whole medical field went Digital with the rest of the world, and paradise was lost.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!