Well, its time to buy a new monitor for the computer-- and the tax refund we'll be getting soon (yep, I've already e-filed my taxes) will pay for it. So, what are your suggestions? Let me give you a starting point:
<UL><LI>Budget: $200 or less
<LI>I'm completely content with a CRT-- especially since it will offer more bang for the buck
<LI>I'm currently using 17-inch, so no smaller than that (and 19-inch is awfully tempting!)
<LI>I will be doing extensive photo editing on it, so it needs to be "good enough" for that
</ul>
Now, I know very little about brands and such-- I know that ViewSonic and NEC are supposed to be long-timers and probably pretty decent. If you have brand recommendations, that's fine; what I'm really looking for, though, is stuff like this: what is the max. dot pitch to look for? What controls MUST I have to properly adjust my viewing? How much does a true flat screen tube really help? Are there certain brands I should absolutely avoid?
Also, here's a real kicker question, in my book: will I do better going with a somewhat-higher-end 17-inch, or will the 19-inch that I can get for that kind of dough be good enough?
Thanks in advance.