Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Keep the Fuji 4x5 back?

Re: Keep the Fuji 4x5 back?

I wouldn't bank on anything from the Impossible Project, New 55, etc... I wish them well but the track record has been expensive, poor quality material meant for the Lomography hipster crowd that will pay extra for "random defects".

Even if they bring it to market, will it be affordable? $10-plus a pop makes it an art medium, not a proofing device.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbiinc View Post
    With the Fuji materials there's a fully opaque black backing that must be bleached off and also the left over stuff on the other side from when you peel it.
    With the New55Project stuff, from what I've read, you still need to use fixer to use the negative. But that's not out yet.
    Sorry, I was writing in haste and still had the FP-3000B in mind (I think that is the material that was being discussed, but I should have been specific) - you don't need to remove the opaque backing from that negative, because the backing behind the neg is white, not black. You can simply dry it, then scan it.

kevs,
    There are people wanting your PA-45 back, should you want to sell. See bottom of this thread page.

Example:
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...uji-pa-45-back