Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shen Hao FCL-810A In The House!!

Shen Hao FCL-810A In The House!!

I received my new Shen Hao a week ago and she is gorgeous. The black walnut is beautiful and the build quality is top notch. I am looking forward to using the 810 as it's been about 25 years ago or so since I last used an 810 field camera. I will be using my Fujinon W 300mm f5.6 mounted on a Sinar board. The camera came with a Linhof adapter as well which is an added plus since my 4x5 is a Wista SP. For support I went with an Induro CF 314 tripod and the Gitzo G-1570M pan head to keep the overall weight down. The Induro is load rated at just under 40 lbs which should handle the Shen Hao quite nicely. Well, until I get a chance (real soon) to make some exposures and process the film I hope to give you some more of my thoughts on this camera. But for now, here are some pics.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 810_1.jpg   810_2.jpg   810_3.jpg   810_4.jpg  

Re: SHen Hao FCL-810A In The House!!

Here are a few more pics.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 810_5.jpg   810_6.jpg   810_7.jpg   810_8.jpg  

Re: SHen Hao FCL-810A In The House!!

Gorgeous camera. Enjoy.

Re: Shen Hao FCL-810A In The House!!

Excellent !

What lens is that ? Looks like a 300mm Fujinon of some kind.

Isn't it a beauty. Wishing you many successful, beautiful photographs with it.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Very nice!
    You may find this helpful: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...light=shen-hao

Quote Originally Posted by Jess C View Post
    I received my new Shen Hao a week ago and she is gorgeous. The black walnut is beautiful and the build quality is top notch. I am looking forward to using the 810 as it's been about 25 years ago or so since I last used an 810 field camera. I will be using my Fujinon W 300mm f5.6 mounted on a Sinar board. The camera came with a Linhof adapter as well which is an added plus since my 4x5 is a Wista SP. For support I went with an Induro CF 314 tripod and the Gitzo G-1570M pan head to keep the overall weight down. The Induro is load rated at just under 40 lbs which should handle the Shen Hao quite nicely. Well, until I get a chance (real soon) to make some exposures and process the film I hope to give you some more of my thoughts on this camera. But for now, here are some pics.

Mine is from 2009. I see the front lift scale is on the other side and the "Shen-Hao" plaque is on the other side. Same lens? Fujinon-W 300mm?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4723.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	74295

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Very nice!
    You may find this helpful: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...light=shen-hao
    Interesting. I wil check that on mine. Thanks for bringing that up.

Mine is from 2009. I see the front lift scale is on the other side and the "Shen-Hao" plaque is on the other side. Same lens? Fujinon-W 300mm?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF4723.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	74295
    Yes, it is.

Very nice!
    IC, if I leave the tilt release stop lever out all the way the film holder will rub up against it when inserting the film holder but once I lock the tilt into place with the locking knobs and push the tilt stop lever back into place (even just a little) the film holder clears the stop with plenty of room to spare. Does yours not allow you to push the stop lever back in once you have your rear tilt locked in place?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tiltstopdetail.jpg  

I only had an issue when needing to use just a little back tilt. You have to pull the lever out to get the back to tilt, but mine won't push back all the way in unless there is a lot of back tilt. With just a few degrees of back tilt I had an issue.