Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The LF Camera you have owned the longest and still do.

Re: The LF Camera you have owned the longest and still do.

4x5 Super D Graflex, purchased used in about 1972 from Lens and Repro.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Sinar Alpina, bought used 1997, still my main 4x5 although I also use a Speed Graphic and a Titan pinhole. My first LF camera was a B&J Orbit for which I purchased a 90mm SA, well that was a bad combo so when I found the Alpina with the both the standard and bag bellows it was a no brainer.

Roger

8x10 Deardorff, bought new in 1976. Still have it and it is in the same condition as when it showed up from Lens & Repro in 1976......
    11x14 Deardorff purchased a few years later. Still have it also.............

tw

A 4 X 5 Sinar Norma purchased new from Brooks Cameras, San Francisco, Spring 1966, shortly after graduating from University of California, Berkeley.
    David
    Last edited by David Lindquist; 26-May-2012 at 21:55. Reason: additional information

I bought my Busch D in 1953 after my first "real" summer job as photorapher for a weekly paper. For several years that and a 16mm newsreel type were my only cameras. The Busch still sees occasional use and is in perfect shape except for a 1 stop slow shutter in need of cleaning.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

I still have my 8x10 Kodak 2D that I bought in 1978 as an undergraduate in the University of Arizona photo program. At the time, everybody was arguing, "what 35mm will give you 4x5 quality?" Some people were even moving up to medium format to get "4x5 quality". I had an 8x10, and everybody looked at me funny...

Okay, so not much has changed...

but you guys can relate...

I hope...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

About 1982, I bought a 4x5 Cycle Poco from an nice old guy named Larry Mays, he used to hang out at the camera store where I worked. I think of him every time I look at that camera.
    Real cameras are measured in inches...
    Not pixels.

www.photocollective.org

Toyo 45A bought in 1988 in person at 47th Street Photo in NYC during a visit to New York. I still have the receipt. It's still going strong but doesn't see as much use as it once did.

Jonathan

Vanannan

Re: The LF Camera you have owned the loncest and still do.

Linhof Tech III Mk. 4 purchased from a local pro photographer about 1970, the camera came with 3 lenses, a Schneider Press Xenar 127mm f 4.7 which has remained with the camera continuously to this day, a 90mm f6.8 Schneider Angulon which I replaced with a 90mm f8 Super Angulon in the 1980's, also in the 80's I regrettably parted with the 240mm f5.5 Tele Xenar in favour of a 240mm Schneider Symmar S, I have also kept all the original rangefinder cams that came with the outfit.

A few weeks ago I spotted a 240mm tele Xenar on Ebay with a low starting price and thought that it would be nice to bid on it as I have said previously I always regretted parting with the original one so I put it on my watch list, a couple of days later I took another look at the lens on the Ebay page, I noticed something vaguely familiar in that the shutter trip lever had some corrosion on it as had the one I parted with 25 years ago, I sought out the original focussing cam and voila the serial numbers matched, I was astonished so I contacted the seller and offered him a BIN of £90, he stuck out for £100 which I gratefully accepted, the lens arrived back home a couple of days later in virtually the same condition as when I sold it a quarter of a century past, shutter purring like new and the optics spotless, I was amazed and delighted, what a great experience.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reunited..jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	74249
    Reunited

Re: The LF Camera you have owned the loncest and still do.

I still have my Calumet 400 series 4x5 long bellows camera that I purchased new in 1982. It came as a kit with a case, 210mm lens, loupe and dark cloth. I still use the loupe, but not the camera.