Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: View Camera Conference

View Camera Conference

I want to give Steve a high five for what I think is the best View Camera magazine (Jan/Feb 04) put out in a long time. Fabulous job!

--Michael Kadillak, 2004-01-25 16:29:15 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks. We try our best every issue. Some are better than others - it may depend on the mix and how that hits a particular reader's interests.

David Muench has joined us as a contributing editor and will be making a contribution several times a year.

steve simmons

Beverly Hills, California

View Camera Conference

I am interested in the old Fort Ord too.

I was on base for a few months in '89 when the Army was there. There was/is a small Greyhound bus depot on base which I recall had the character of a bygone era for some reason. The interior may be fun to explore technically. There are other interesting bldgs there too. In '97 it was still possible to access these areas by car in which some of the neat buildings were located. However, since then there are signs all over warning against trespassing to the interesting base areas, if I recall correctly from a trip there a few years ago.

But if someone can scout it and give us the green light in terms of permission to access and we can plan to do something formally/informally as a group, then I'd drive up from L.A. to attend the conference.

View Camera Conference

I will work on a day long field trip to Ft. Ord. It will have to be on Thursday the 22nd as the 23rd is already booked for trips and instructors and Saturday the 24th and Sunday the 25th are full of panels and reviews.

steve simmons