Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have a Linhof Munchen --made in Germany with a Rodenstock Lens--need value estimate

Have a Linhof Munchen --made in Germany with a Rodenstock Lens--need value estimate

I've had a Linhof Munchen for about ten years in very good condition with a Rodenstock 4.5 - 32 lens. Great lens and wonderful mechanics. Cannot locate any others to compare value. Can anyone estimate value of this 4 X 5 track camera?

Re: Have a Linhof Munchen --made in Germany with a Rodenstock Lens--need value estima

What is the serial number of the camera. Is the lens the Gandagon 90mm?

Re: Have a Linhof Munchen --made in Germany with a Rodenstock Lens--need value estima

Bob,

This camera has a 135 mm Rodenstock lens and I've looked at the camera and cannot find a serial number. Where would it normally be found? I'm attaching a few images for reference.

Thanks,
    Donna
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.jpg   Linhof to go full side.jpg   Linhof Lens CU.jpg   Linhof sideview.jpg  

It is either on the shoe on top of the camera once you slide the finder site off or on a plate on the bed of the camera.

You should also specify what lens it is. So far we know it was made by Rodenstock and is in a Compur shutter and was originally sold by Graflex.

The lens is an f4.5 135mm Ysarex these were sold by Graflex. You can see the start of the name in the first photo.

Ian

Ian,

You know that and I know that but if he is selling the lens then everyone should know that. And a modern 4.5 Rodenstock for a 45 would be a Grandagon-N which is a very different animal, so I find his listing very misleading.

The value in the US is also quite a lot lower than if the camera's in the UK/EU so a location would be useful. This is true for most cameras and lenses but particularly LF.

Ian

It's not a "listing" yet. It's just a question regarding value.

Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    It's not a "listing" yet. It's just a question regarding value.
    Oh, it's a listing all right. Disguised as a request for an appraisal. The OP joined up just to find a value for a very common Linhof "Munchen" (Munich) that he couldn't find info for anyplace else.....
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

I try not to jump to conclusions. I'm not saying you're hunch isn't correct... just that it's not giving the OP the benefit of a doubt. BTW, I am guilty of conclusion-jumping. I did that very recently right here on this forum... something about a manufacturer warranty issue.