Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Fastest Rebuild Ever! An 8x20 Korona Rebuild and Mod in 1 Night!

funkadelic

Re: My Fastest Rebuild Ever! An 8x20 Korona Rebuild and Mod in 1 Night!

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Wish I could afford to fool with ULF panoramic stuff, both in terms of money and time.
    My fiancee has the cabinets. The camera is mine.
    Let me know if/when you ever plan to come up this way on a weekend. If you're interested, we can try to schedule some ground glass time for you behind a 12x20.
    Chris

Also like the fact there are only a few good prints on your website, rather than many. Makes sense, they are more likely to be seen.

I'm just saying I respect your priorities!
    Hahahaha! Well thanks Frank! I think, haha

Also like the fact there are only a few good prints on your website, rather than many. Makes sense, they are more likely to be seen.
    Thanks! I'm glad the less is more thing is recognized. I just don't believe that every negative I make or every piece of paper I touch is a treasure and I like to be extremely scrutinizing with the images I choose to show. That and it takes me a long time to sit down and get more images up on the site. I figure only the creme of the crop are worth the effort. I like it that way. Thanks again for the kind words

Hi All,

It would seem from picture three that you could leave the front extension up if you decided to use shorter lenses. Just a thought.

uncle jim

The front extension doesn't get in the way of anything and works great. I've been using lenses from 12 inch to 600mm and it handles them all beautifully with no obstruction.

I'm thinking about selling (or trading) this puppy if anyone is interested. Since moving to NYC I'm just not using as I'd planned and would like to see it being used. Look for an ad in the for sale section soon.

I also ended up modifying the front standard of the camera by replacing it with a metal standard with front movements so its a pretty awesome hybrid!

I came across your posts regarding the Korona when I was looking for advice about where to get a good bellows made for my 12x20 Folmer Schwing. The camera is in fantastic shape--like it's been in storage about a century--and the bellows is stiff like a new one but has lots of pinholes. Do you have any recent experience with a good bellows maker who could fit a new bellows to this camera?

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post
    I also ended up modifying the front standard of the camera by replacing it with a metal standard with front movements so its a pretty awesome hybrid!

Beautiful camera, wish I had something of value to trade for it per your ad. Can't afford to purchase it! Too bad I already sold off the Hasselblad stuff.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Ron,

I haven't really kept track of who's still in the bellows replacement business since it seemed that every time I looked all I could find was stories about long overdue bellows orders. I know that there are at least a couple of custom bellows suppliers still operating (and apparently filling orders) but I don't know who they are. You could contact Keith Canham and ask him. He is usually in the know when it comes to that issue. Your other option is to make your own bellows. There are excellent tutorials online and probably within this forum and if you are just a little handy and patient you could have an excellent set.

Corran, thanks! It is a great camera, I just wish I had more of a use for it. Anyway, it's up for sale now. Here's the link if anyone is interested.

Francesco,

Do you know what camera the new extension rail came off of? I also have an 8x20 Korona and have been looking for an extension rail to adapt to it.

Thanks!
    Chris