Adam is totally right. The Imacons/Hasselblads do great scans. They're fast, convenient and I've made 40x50in. prints from 4x5 Portra 160 and they look great. I think my Howtek HR8000 drum scans are a tad sharper, a tad less grainy (because of the wet mounting and the ability to use the aperture to minimize grain). More importantly, the drum scans seem to provide a better distribution of tones and they're easier to print.

We have a rental facility in my city with ridiculously low rates for renting their Hasselblad X1. So my workflow right now is to scan my loose edit on the X1 and use those files for my website, publications and small portfolio prints. Later on, I'll make a tighter edit and scan those on my Howtek for my final exhibition prints.

Adam is also right about the dust. Drum scans seem less convenient because the Hasselblad magnetic holders are so fast and easy. But I'd rather spend a bit more time scanning and less time spotting. Wet-mounting on the drum fills in small scratches in the film that show up in the Hasselblad scans, and there is far less dust in my drum scans.