What would you guys from over there recommend I include on the itinerary? I will be coming all the way from Oz with my wife and my 4x5. She is very supportive and we both enjoy shortish (10k or less) hikes and getting a bit off the main track. We have been to US before and this time wanted to focus on some of the iconic national parks in the west. I have a keen interest in some of the desert parks like Arches, Zion etc. and would love to get to monument valley if feasible (happy to hire a Navajo guide etc). She is pretty keen on Yosemite (as am i) and will want to see the canyon. The grand one. Something is going to have to get dropped. It can't all be done.
We could maybe stretch the 3 weeks to 4 if really needed. We'd fly into LA but could get home via Seattle of Vancouver if I can get Glacier or Yellowstone on the list. Obviously we don't mind a bit of a drive. Camping may not be practical I guess. Happy to fly between main bases too of course. Or use buses. Whatever works.
I have read a bit but really wanted to see what those in the know had to offer. Any advise gratefully swapped for travel tips for the land down under!