Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much should Schneideritis affect the price of a lens?

Re: How much should Schneideritis affect the price of a lens?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah A View Post
    I paid $450 since it was supposedly mint...
    OK. "Mint" is perfect, unused, with box, papers, etc. Schneideritis isn't mint. Return the lens, or get some $$ back. It was misrepresented, it really is that simple.

Schneideritis is actually a good thing. It lets you know that you have the genuine article, and it lowers the price. This is good when buying, bad when selling. And, if it really bugs you that much, you can take the lens apart and repaint the edges of the elements!!
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    ... At $450, though, I'd need a stiff drink to get over it. Actually, that's what I'd do if I were in your shoes: a nice glass of Jameson or Maker's Mark and then forget about it. ...
    I prefer Laphroaig, and I'm having a bit right now! The seller said I could return the lens if I pay shipping both ways, which is pricey since it was an overseas transaction. He threatened to block his paypal account (is that even possible?) if I try to make a claim. Honestly I don't know if it's worth the trouble. I did shoot some test sheets, but I discovered something else this week. None of the labs in my city do E6 anymore! And my normal lab in NJ is having problems with their E6 line and it won't be up until next week. So my test sheets are on their way to Samys.

Have any of you been through the paypal claims process? I'm a bit worried about it becoming a long, drawn out process. And frankly I'm afraid to return the lens since I may end up with no lens and no money.

So, for now, Back to the Laphroaig...

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Have any of you been through the paypal claims process? I'm a bit worried about it becoming a long, drawn out process. And frankly I'm afraid to return the lens since I may end up with no lens and no money.
    I have, but the circumstances wre a bit different: nondelivery after payment. The process was easy an drather quick. I had a list of my attempts to contact the seller and his response the one time I spoke with him. I understand that he was having problems getting hte part from a supplier but when asked to admit he can't fill the order and return funds he just stoped communicating. Paypal returned my money with no questions asked in less than 10 days. If I were in a position to have an item that needed to be returned prior to resolution I would pay whatever it takes to get indiputable proof that the item/package was delivered and accepted by the seller. And I would document the condition of the contents prior to packaging.

I'm a small time Ebay Seller. PayPal really favors the buyer so I wouldn't worry about having trouble getting your money back if that is what you wish. How long it will take, I don't know. I only filed a claim once myself as a buyer and the seller immediately refunded my money.

The seller cannot "block" his paypal account - he is just threatening you - which would give me even more incentive to get my money back from that guy!
    Juergen

And my normal lab in NJ is having problems with their E6 line and it won't be up until next week. So my test sheets are on their way to Samys.
    Noah,

Permit me to suggest Dodge Chrome in Silver Spring, Maryland. Absolute top quality shop for both wet and digital.

They do my chromes in 4x5 and 8x10 with outstanding results.

They have an excellent b&w negative line using Ilford DD developer.
    They also do b&w printing, but I've never tried it since I do my own.

www.dodgechrome.com

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Juergen Sattler View Post
    The seller cannot "block" his paypal account - he is just threatening you - which would give me even more incentive to get my money back from that guy!
    He can "block" his paypill account by taking all of the money out of it. Of course that will get them pissed off.

I agree with Juergen... You should file a paypill claim immediately, since the window for doing so is rather short.

- Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    Leigh, it's a tough way to live.
    Hi Rick,

Not really. I'm involved in several different industries. I apply the same criteria in all of them.

If a product line has a problem, the manufacturer should correct it. No excuses, no bull.

I apply the same criteria to my own operations.
    If one of my products had a persistent problem, and a manager suggested we ignore it, I'd fire his ass on the spot.

- Leigh

Like I said, I'm a small time Ebay Seller. I have never had a problem with a Buyer. If I sold you something that was not right I would refund all of your money including all your shipping costs even though according to Ebay I don't have to refund shipping. It's called integrity.

This guy sounds like a real jerk. If you do end up filing a claim, after I received my money back I would list his name on this forum to warn others not to buy from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    If I sold you something that was not right I would refund all of your money including all your shipping costs even though according to Ebay I don't have to refund shipping. It's called integrity.
    Absolutely right.

You'd be amazed how few sellers can even spell 'integrity' these days, much less know what it means.

- Leigh