Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

Re: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

G'day Daniel. Welcome to the thread! Looking forward to meeting you and the other couple of newcomers here as soon as things quieten down on the home front. Anybody keen on an outing in late June or July?

Stef, when does your show start?

Hi and welcome Daniel.
    It's about time we had another gathering really. Are you finished your busy period yet Ian? How is the weekend of the 16/17 June for everyone. Did we want to just do another chin-wag-have-a-drink sort of thing or were people wanting to do another hike? :-)
    I am thinking it might be a good idea just to get together for a chat and work out the next outing over a beer ...

Ian - the show is June 29 to July 13. You guys are all invited to the opening on June 29 @ 6pm. If you PM me your email address or mobile number I can send you the official invite.

Here's the flyer:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all-in-place-stef.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	74042

The flyer looks very nice, Stef! Looking forward to the opening! Can I bring the missus?

I am keen for another gathering. I have a bunch of exams in June, finishing on the 23rd. So I probably can't take a full day on the 16/17 weekend, but would certainly be keen to sneak out for a beer and a sit around. After the 23rd, however, I would definitely be up for a day-trip if anyone is interested...

Ian

Landscape Addict

I was wondering if anyone is keen on shooting something this long weekend? I am keen to head to Queen Mary Falls/Daggs Falls and Brown Falls after talking about it with Stef. Also keen to get out and shoot some seascapes if anyone is interested in that sort of thing... Was keen on looking at the Jetty at Wellington Point, the Jetty at Cleavland and maybe the sand pumping jetty at the spit too... Currumbin rock maybe...

Anyone keen on an early start?
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

Hi Alex - Sorry, I would love to get out this weekend, but I cannot do it with my looming exams... Still keen for a beer on the 16/17 weekend, and an outing or two after 23 June!

Alex. I might have interest! I'll check with the boss. Pretty busy ATM though so we'll see. I'll let you know....

Landscape Addict

Definitely need to catch up for a beer Ian.. Hopefully soon.

Stef, Awesome - Let me know...

My E6 chems still havent arrived, 5L on the way though... Then I'm ready to start digging through these 18 rolls I have sitting in the fridge.
    Alexartphotography

Well, my father-in-law is now installed downstairs and peeing in my darkroom again... But I did manage (finally) to sneak in and develop my sheets from the O'Reilly's trip before he arrived. Sorry about the delay in showing you blokes some shots, but here are a few anyway. Not super-excited about them, but I had fun clambering around in the bush!

I do think your wider lenses give a better feel to these sorts of waterfall scenes than the 135 I was using. I reckon my white water could probably have done with a bit more shutter time. As expected, those blown-out patches of sun in the first shot are pretty ugly too, but I couldn't wait any longer on my perch!

Bring on the next outing!

Name:	Falls1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	74862

Name:	Elebana2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	74861

Name:	Elebana1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	74860

Landscape Addict

Nice shots Ian.. Really like the first and second.. I wish I had have got off my lazy backside and got up to those falls where you took the first shot.. Really nice spot...
    Alexartphotography

Hi Ian! I like the last the most. The texture in the foreground is great and it's a really balanced exposure. Nice work.
    The second one is great but I find the bit of bright rock bottom-right a tiny bit distracting. The first would be awesome without the rotten sun-spots... :-(
    You were very patient but the light didn't play fair...
    Looking forward to our next catch up.