Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Such a thing as a Linhof Short Throw T-Lock Cable Release " For European shutters"

Re: Such a thing as a Linhof Short Throw T-Lock Cable Release " For European shutter

Your initial impulse was correct(bullshit).
    I've lengthened one once and it worked, if you didn't look VERY closely you couldn't tell the difference between original.
    DIY stuff:
    Remove the screw end, and cut the sheath to the length you need. I wandered to the local hobby shop with the release and looked through their brass tubing. Found one that was a snug fit on the cable. Some hardware/craft stores may also have the tubing.

Cut it long, installed it with JB Weld and trimmed it to a working length. I used enough of the JB to fill the tubing so the end in the shutter was solid.
    It fills OK if you use a toothpick. IF the tubing is snug going through the tip, the tip can be reamed out slightly. X-acto knife worked well.

There are two varieties of JB, the regular and JB Quick. Auto parts/big box/hardware etc..
    The actual mod took around 15 minutes gathering the tubing & JB an hour or so with travel.

Re: Such a thing as a Linhof Short Throw T-Lock Cable Release " For European shutter

Thanks fellas. I will let you know how I repair it

I fixed it. It's amazing how complex this cable release is. The main problem you find us not having the proper crimp ends to hold the outer shield. Well I am glad to say its workingagain