Re: Collodion Quarterly subscriptions

I have ordered the first edition also Hope to it was in time Craig

Me too, be interested in seeing this!
    Clive
    www.clive-evans.com
    West Cork-Ireland, Antibes-France

Well they will be in hand this week and will be shipped to the subscribers by the end of the week coming. I am very excited and want to say thank you to all those that have been so very supportive of this project. It has been a ton of hard work and honestly it has been wonderful.

Sadly there are very few extra copies of the first issue, but hey that just makes them rare! hahaha

Seriously guys, thanks!

They are shipped! I want to give folks a heads up. There are no more copies of the first edition left. So if you subscribe now you will be getting from the second issue on out. The yearly subscription will run until jan 2013. I adjusted the price on the website to reflect this.

We will not be doing a reprint of the first issue. Sorry to those whom did not get in on the first issue, but I hope you have a friend who did so you can get to check it out!

Thanks everyone for making this a huge success.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Excellent news, and my thanks and congratulations!

I'm curious, although I understand if you'd rather not answer... what size was the first run? (Just trying to guess the size of the collodion community out there...) And you may have to bump up the number on the next run!
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Well lets say its less then 500 and more then 300 there abouts. We are getting more folks daily. Sadly we are not close enough to hit a price break for printing. I avoided using an online publisher on account of giving them the right to use the images if I printed with them, even though it would make printing and shipping far easier. I simply can not be okay with everyones images being free for whatever and whoever they want to use it for.

When looking at printing, this was very important to me. Each and every artist owns their images, and the rights are theirs alone to give to who they choose.

So there is no room to print off anything that is not spoken for and paid for upfront. I am not making anything off of this and it honestly is costing more then I thought it would. Shipping is brutal to overseas addresses, which I was shocked about when I put it in the post. Yet we absorbed the cost out of respect to the subscribers.

I am very happy with the amount of these that are being sent out, and I hope it stays here. We worked for two days to simply get them in envelopes and addressed. Which let me tell you is exhausting.

So I hope you guys enjoy your copies of the quarterly. It has been a lot of work, and I am glad to be moving onto the met one!

Just received my copy. Alot of information & images. Keep up the good work.
    van Huyck Photography
    "Searching for the moral justification for selfishness" JK Galbraith

Just got my copy....I was an early adopter on kickstarter and I truly applaud the effort and drive that brought this into my home. It is very cool to see this project go form a thought to kickstarter to reality! Thanks for all of your hard work; and congratulations!
    david

BRAVO! i just got mine. i love it. thanks!

(now buy a label writing machine so you do not have to hand write the addresses! i am going to keep the handwritten addressed envelope.....to raise the collector value of issue #1! and mine is signed! thanks again!)
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Mine arrived yesterday. Quite a nice publication, good articles, and I was very impressed by the quality of the reproductions. It's a keeper!
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."