My camera club is moving at some point, and I'm started to plan the new darkroom.

There will be less and less darkrooms around and I want to plan a real good one to attract new members and happenings.

We just bought a condenser 135-4x5" Beseler and a condenser Omega D3. From before, we had three enlargers, Durst color 670 and two worn B&W 66 with lenses for both 35 and 6x6. The outside of the biggest trays are 50*64cm (20*26"). The tapwater here usually beats bottled water.

I'm drawing up room for: -three enlarger workplaces (one of the 66 stored underneath the Omega to be moved up when needed.) -two rows of trays in wetbenches (one of them hinged to the wall to normally get to the RC drayer and the Kodak highglanze drum) -50-80 wooden cupboard to store chemicals for members -depending on demand, combined with a light trap (a dark curtain?) -air out of the room -At least three watertaps -A light table below the Omega (clear plastic shelf) -Storage room underneath the wetbench for film and paper development things and papercutter and glanzing presses. -a filmdrying cabinet -darkroom light -additional electric outlets

But there is with all this no room for a walk-in changing cupboard, maybe I will make a hand-in changing cupboard.

The plans will also be used for making pretty accurate cost estimates for the board.

What are my pitfalls?

What mistakes have you done building a darkroom?

Øyvind