View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 51 of 299 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Syverson View Post
    Hi guys, we just posted an update: the Travelwide will ship with a pinhole. So even if every 90mm lens in the world disappears, you'll still be able to make images.

Keep in mind that we're at the same price point as Ilford's pinhole box camera, but the Travelwide is substantially better in a number of ways. Travelwide actually makes a great pinhole camera.
    Actually, the only option I see for the Harman Titan is the $220 kit (price at B&H, it's $255 at Freestyle), which also includes some film and direct positive paper. Though I had no interest in either the film or paper, I still spent more than twice as much as the cost of your Wanderlust TravelWide. I was thinking of hacking a 90mm onto my Titan (fixed hyperfocal, though I thought about buying a helical from fotoman on eBay) but your TravelWide does so much more for less. Thanks again.

Regarding number on Schneider 90 6.8 lenses on eBay...

There are currently 4 listed... not all that inexpensive, but I am a moderately active eBay buyer/seller.. mostly camera gear. I do not find the prices surprising as I have been getting considerably MORE for large format gear now than five years ago. Prices are going up. Money is loosening up. However, half of my large format sales are international. Interesting that people around the Pacific Rim and Eastern Europe are paying more, and more often than people in the US.

If you want one of these... loosen up.

Now, as for numbers .... Yes they come up quite regularly. If you actually log into eBay and look at the COMPLETED Listing, there have been approximately 27 Schneider 90mm f6.8 sold in the last 60 days. Also I filtered out the word SUPER so these sold listings are the lens talked about here.

So, that's over 30 of these lenses in the last TWO months.

If one takes into consideration all the other small lens/shutter combinations, new or used in the 90mm size (and a few oddball focal lengths like an 88 I had for a while), I don't see where anyone interested in this camera is going to be excluded from finding a lens that will work.

The Rodenstock Geronar comes in a 90 and there are some in that smaller format right now on eBay. 3 Active listings and 4 sold in the last 60 days (1 as low as $100, guaranteed in excellent optical and cosmetic condition, no scratches, marks, etc.)

Georg Leitmeyr Munchen 90mm f6.8 Weitwinkel one on ebay.

Lens supply is NOT a problem. I am always able to find a lens for one project or another.

I have to say, I am not a wide angle shooter, so the follow up with a 65 is not interesting, but I would love to see one of these camera's at 125mm-127mm. The inventory of Rodenstock Ysarex in Polaroid shutters, which can be purchased whole with Pathfinder cameras for around $75-100, has been plentiful and I've used this lens/shutter (VERY compact) and been happy with the results. But that's just another fantasy for now.

where can I buy it? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco J. Fernández View Post
    where can I buy it? thanks
    Hi Francisco! Try this link:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...wide-45-camera

"I see these 90s come up all the time. There are a lot more than 750 of them out there."

I am sure there are, and I do know how often they come up. I shopped for my 90mm for awhile before I was able to scoop one up. I do argue however the thought that there is some sort of abundance of these. I don't think we are going to see hundreds of these lenses magically become available on the used market simply to meet the needs of a newly release camera body or two.

Well, I hope you're wrong Wayne, and I guess we can leave it at that.

Ben and Justin don't need to have 750 90mm Angulons come out of the woodwork. What they need is to find 750 buyers who will use the camera with a 90 Angulon, or another 90, or a 65, or a pinhole, or use it as the foundation for some other DIY hack. Although still a stretch, that's a much more plausible proposition.

Ben, congratulations on a terrific start! Here's hoping...

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Ben and Justin don't need to have 750 90mm Angulons come out of the woodwork. What they need is to find 750 buyers who will use the camera with a 90 Angulon, or another 90, or a 65, or a pinhole, or use it as the foundation for some other DIY hack. Although still a stretch, that's a much more plausible proposition.
    750 90mm Angulons don't need to show up today, the number is not only less because people will tinker with other things (such as a 90mm f/8 from Schneider or Fuji or some other sort of lens -- I'm in this category) but because everyone has several months to source their lens. Assuming half or 375 people want 90mm Angulons and don't have one, and I think that number is a very high, that's 41 lenses per month, April through December.

Small town, South Carolina, US

I already have a nice 90mm Angulon - Others may already have the lens.

Plus I have a recently CLA'd Kodak 100/6.3 Widefield that could be made to work most likely.

How about a poll that asks how many of the current supporters already have a lens?