View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 208 of 299 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    Delta 3200 is not really 3200 speed film. The actual film speed is closer to 1000. You can shoot Trix as you would have shot Delta 3200 and develop it the same way and get the same awful results you would have, that might have been useful incase some super important event was captured on those photos and nowhere else, say like the hindenburg explosion.
    The only part of this I agree with is that Delta 3200 has a true speed of about 1000. But the results are far from awful (I love 120 D3200 shot at 3200) and you certainly can't match then with Tri-X (especially TXP 4x5) or HP5+.

This is the sort of thing said by people who have never really tried the film or who consider quality results in terms only if conventional tonality and grain.

D3200 is a great film.

I waited, and waited, and waited ... So I just had Randy HolgaMODS make me a camera.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434057207.313525.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	135337

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434057220.907855.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	135338

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434057228.244717.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	135339

Latest:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mment-10156460

We're ordering boxes, and the helicals are being run. We still need to do assembly and shipping, which could take some time. But I'll have an update out soon that discusses the logistics of shipping. We'll be asking for your current address and preferences on 90/65… Hang in there, everybody!

And in response to a follow-up question about delivery date:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mment-10172602

...unfortunately I have no way of estimating the ship date with any certainty. We still need to do take delivery of the helicals, perform assembly, and shipping is pretty involved when you're dealing with 1500 packages. All I can say is that we'll go as quickly as we can—we're very motivated to get these cameras out there.

Hope every body has their lens. I do.

Shooting 4x5 pinhole today with B&J Press camera.

All good!

Tin Can

I actually have like five 90mm lenses, and a 65mm too, so I'm set. Haven't decided if I'll use the Angulon or Super. Excited!

I just got back from hiking with my 8x10. Whew...lightweight 4x5 sounds great right now...
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Film bought, lenses bought, shutters exercised, Blik rangefinder bought, film holders ready, HC-110 stocked, darkroom enlargers ready, and photo paper purchased.

Traveling soon, I don't think the camera will be delivered in time. C'est la vie.

http://www.citylab.com/crime/2015/06...fb_ref=Default

I've been a very patient supporter of this project and I'm thrilled they got over the big hurdle with the helicals. Because these days there are consequences heading the way of unfulfilled KS projects.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Because these days there are consequences heading the way of unfulfilled KS projects.
    I think it's very important to be careful about the distinction between projects that fail because of fraud of one kind or another - which appears to be the common thread of the situations highlighted in the linked article, though the writer is careless in not making that clear - and projects that fail because of technical challenges encountered during a good-faith development effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    http://www.citylab.com/crime/2015/06...fb_ref=Default

I've been a very patient supporter of this project and I'm thrilled they got over the big hurdle with the helicals. Because these days there are consequences heading the way of unfulfilled KS projects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    I think it's very important to be careful about the distinction between projects that fail because of fraud of one kind or another - which appears to be the common thread of the situations highlighted in the linked article, though the writer is careless in not making that clear - and projects that fail because of technical challenges encountered during a good-faith development effort.
    I know nothing about this KS program... but I'll never invest in any of them because I'm a jaded cynic... as many others are. That's too bad for the folks who start KS programs with the integrity and fortitude to make it work for their 'investors'. It's sad too for those who invest their hard-earned money into the programs that do not succeed. I hope and wish the very best for both the KS programs and their investors. I won't be one of them.

I hope and expect that this one succeeds.

I'm just curious how this happened... Where the breaks were between their prototype models (and who made them) vs their final manufacturer, and why the same parties didn't make both?